Oh, what a night!!!

I've argued this point before, but IMO, everything being equal (all four teams are champions/championship contenders) the pecking order is as follows:

1. Red Sox (by a TON)

2. Bruins (this is a hockey crazed town when things are going well, look no further than the success of college hockey here......BU and BC the last two National Champions)

3. Patriots (they were DEAD LAST before Kraft, Parcells and Bledsoe came swooping into town)

4. Celtics (ironic, considering they are BY FAR the most successful of the Boston franchises. In fact, they are in the top 5 most successful franchises of ANY North American sport)

The New York Giants used to consistently outdraw the Patriots in the 1970s.

Our pitching SUCKS!!! God Im tired of that idiot Epstien. I couldnt even watch, (and glad I didnt) after the Yanks broke the 3-3 tie today.

Good night for me. I needed 4 TV's last night

Reds win
Lakers win
Penguins win
Denny Hamlin wins Nascar race

Will it be "last one out, turn out the lights" at the Garden tomorrow night when the Flyers-Bruins game ends.............

OR will one of my teams advance to their respective conference finals...........

OR will they BOTH....................

stay tuned......................

I didn't know they were still playing at the Boston Garden.

I didn't know they were still playing at the Boston Garden.

Technically it's not "Boston Garden".

When the arena opened in 1995 it was called the Shawmut Center, then it became the FleetCenter. When TD Banknorth bought the naming rights, they changed the name to TD Banknorth Garden and then this year dropped the "Banknorth".

BUT it was ALWAYS the "new" Garden to me, and several sportswriters even refused to call it by it's corporate name.

Technically it's not "Boston Garden".

When the arena opened in 1995 it was called the Shawmut Center, then it became the FleetCenter. When TD Banknorth bought the naming rights, they changed the name to TD Banknorth Garden and then this year dropped the "Banknorth".

BUT it was ALWAYS the "new" Garden to me, and several sportswriters even refused to call it by it's corporate name.

Oh ok, I didn't know all the names of it.

All eyes will be on this arena the next TWO NIGHTS!!

It will be crazy!!!! :eek:

072109_tdgarden.jpg

You know Bill, if I didn't know any better, I would think it almost sounds like you're enjoying these NBA playoffs as much as you enjoy March Madness....

:D

Sandra

LOL...........Touche'!! :D

I must admit, I am enjoying the NBA Playoffs more than March Madness THIS YEAR from a "homer" perspective. ;)

LOL...........Touche'!! :D

I must admit, I am enjoying the NBA Playoffs more than March Madness THIS YEAR from a "homer" perspective. ;)

Well, since my team was 'Isiahed', I am a neutral observer for the NBA playoffs...AGAIN. Just like I am for March Madness.

The intrigue, tension, anticipation, etc. for tonight's game (and Sunday's game if there is one) exceeds the same for any March Madness game I can ever remember. The Bird/Magic title game was before my time, but it sounds like that is one that could have measured up to this...and that was a long time ago.

Sandra

Well, since my team was 'Isiahed', I am a neutral observer for the NBA playoffs...AGAIN. Just like I am for March Madness.

The intrigue, tension, anticipation, etc. for tonight's game (and Sunday's game if there is one) exceeds the same for any March Madness game I can ever remember. The Bird/Magic title game was before my time, but it sounds like that is one that could have measured up to this...and that was a long time ago.

Sandra

It's funny, but there's more talk in Boston (I realize that's not the case nationally) today about the Bruins "collapse" and tomorrow night's game 7, than there is about tonight's colossal Cavs-Celts game.

I think a lot of it has to do with the 'been there, done that' mentality for the Celtics vs. the 'are the Bruins gonna catch up to the Red Sox championship futility'.

I don't have multiple games going on, but you better believe my TV will be fixed on TNT tonight.

Time to expel the most over-analyzed bad game in the history of the NBA. LET'S DO THIS LEBRON!!!!

After the Celtics series clincher tonight, can the Garden withstand a game 7 Stanley Cup playoff game less than 24 hours later?!!! :eek:

I know one thing...........I won't be able to take a sudden death situation tomorrow night! :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)