Oh, what a night!!!

Oh, what a night
you know I didn't even know her name
but I was never gonna be the same
What a lady!! What a night!! :)

You are not going to believe what song was on the radio this morning. :D
Yep, Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons: Oh, What a Night

A Sox win and still gave up 8 runs. NO pitching. That is why they are nearly on the bottom of the AL east with a losing record..

No pitching? They gave up 4 runs in 8 innings, and then brought in a 36 year old, $500,000 a year mop up man in the ninth to get the game over with. Both set-up men pitched scoreless ball after 5th starter Buckholz gave up 4 earned in 5.2 innings, in his "worst" start of the year.

Boston used to have lots of nights like this in the mid 1980s.

Oh what a Night .....

One Detroit fans would like to forget ....

Wings lose in OT

Tigers lose late

The Baseball fan loses the Great Ernie Harwell ....

RIP Ernie

All on the same day. :eek:

Tomorrow night may be the best night yet, and they all start at 7:00pm...........

Bruins at Flyers- B's go for the sweep (Versus)

Cavaliers at Celtics- C's come home looking to take the series lead (ESPN)

Yankees at Red Sox- no explanation necessary (NESN)

Too bad that Sox Yankees game isn't televised nationally, as it likely would outdraw either of the Boston playoff games.

Too bad that Sox Yankees game isn't televised nationally, as it likely would outdraw either of the Boston playoff games.

Tonight ?
Red Sox are playing the Angels
the yanks are off today ...

Or are you referring to over the weekend, that said, I would imagine that the yanks /sox would be shown.

I'd be willing to bet that the ratings will go in this order tomorrow night (LOCALLY):

1. Bruins
2. Red Sox (close behind,but only because it's the Yankees)

3. Celtics

This area is Bruins crazy right now!!!

I haven't followed the Boston TV sports ratings for over a decade, but the Celtics fan base was always more elastic than was the Bruins. The Bruins drew 13,909 night afer night, year after year, whereas the Celtics could drop to 7,000 paid per game when they lost, or when they weren't white enough. I'm not sure how you can even compile ratings, when most people will be clicking back and forth between games.

I haven't followed the Boston TV sports ratings for over a decade, but the Celtics fan base was always more elastic than was the Bruins. The Bruins drew 13,909 night afer night, year after year, whereas the Celtics could drop to 7,000 paid per game when they lost, or when they weren't white enough. I'm not sure how you can even compile ratings, when most people will be clicking back and forth between games.

I've argued this point before, but IMO, everything being equal (all four teams are champions/championship contenders) the pecking order is as follows:

1. Red Sox (by a TON)

2. Bruins (this is a hockey crazed town when things are going well, look no further than the success of college hockey here......BU and BC the last two National Champions)

3. Patriots (they were DEAD LAST before Kraft, Parcells and Bledsoe came swooping into town)

4. Celtics (ironic, considering they are BY FAR the most successful of the Boston franchises. In fact, they are in the top 5 most successful franchises of ANY North American sport)

I've argued this point before, but IMO, everything being equal (all four teams are champions/championship contenders) the pecking order is as follows:

1. Red Sox (by a TON)

2. Bruins (this is a hockey crazed town when things are going well, look no further than the success of college hockey here......BU and BC the last two National Champions)

3. Patriots (they were DEAD LAST before Kraft, Parcells and Bledsoe came swooping into town)

4. Celtics (ironic, considering they are BY FAR the most successful of the Boston franchises. In fact, they are in the top 5 most successful franchises of ANY North American sport)

The Patriots have had the highest TV ratings for the last 10 years. The pre-season games easily double regular season baseball.

*Bruins-Flyers scoreless early

*C's down by 8 early

*Beckett looked sharp in first inning against Yankees

*I need a new remote

Bruins trail by a goal after two

Celtics down by 30 in the third :eek::eek::eek:

Red Sox trailing Yankees 3-1 in the 6th

UGH..........what a night!! :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)