Ohio State does not want to play LSU in the BCS Championship...

Be careful what you ask for...:smug

Good point mccoy they asked for it last year and had their ass handed to them :)

I am ready for it as are the Buckeyes :up

Stephen,
That was LAST year, this year they have another year of experience under thier belt .....

btw, Has ANYONE seen Florida this year ?

What, was this a NC slump this year, some sorta hangover ?

Jimbo

Yea, not sure how LSU is getting some sort of "credit" for Florida beating OSU last year jusy because they are in the same devision. History is history.

And a Buckeye never backs down from a fight. The most important thing is to pick yourself back up and fix what's broke.

I think they have done that. Coach Tressle knows what went wrong last year and has fixed it.

Yea, not sure how LSU is getting some sort of "credit" for Florida beating OSU last year jusy because they are in the same devision. History is history.

And a Buckeye never backs down from a fight. The most important thing is to pick yourself back up and fix what's broke.

I think they have done that. Coach Tressle knows what went wrong last year and has fixed it.

Until today :rolleyes:

Technically , OSU only has one loss, why would they be any worse off then any other one loss team ?

Jimbo

They lost to an unranked team in Illinois. You have a point, it doesn't make them any worse off than any other team with only one loss. The only team remaining the BCS standings without a loss (as of the time I write this) is Kansas and, if all was right with the way the BCS worked, they'd probably be playing somebody in the championship. It may happen, but I doubt it. LSU lost to Kentucky and Oregon lost to California -- I'd say one and two might be LSU and Oregon tomorrow. I may be wrong, but I doubt Ohio State will only drop one spot.

They lost to an unranked team in Illinois. You have a point, it doesn't make them any worse off than any other team with only one loss. The only team remaining the BCS standings without a loss (as of the time I write this) is Kansas and, if all was right with the way the BCS worked, they'd probably be playing somebody in the championship. It may happen, but I doubt it. LSU lost to Kentucky and Oregon lost to California -- I'd say one and two might be LSU and Oregon tomorrow. I may be wrong, but I doubt Ohio State will only drop one spot.

There's NO WAY the Bucks will only drop one spot in the BCS ....
Unfortunate as it is, they looked flat most of the day, possibly got caught looking ahead to "That Team Up North".

Illinois has a pretty good tandom between QB Juice William and RB Mendenhaul, this is why they were expected to do pretty well this year.

Jimbo

It's obvious that Div I-A should be able to work out a playoff system like the rest of the divisions. Something is holding the powers that be back. Maybe they're worried about possible player salaries? :confused:
What's holding them back is sharing models.
The NCAA Division I Basketball tournament money is split fairly evening among all conferences/teams. The conferences with the most bowl tie-ins (not to mention BCS automatic bid) do not want to share that money evenly with the mid-majors. While a playoff would raise more money on the whole than bowls, the bigger conferences would actually make less money.

What's holding them back is sharing models.
The NCAA Division I Basketball tournament money is split fairly evening among all conferences/teams. The conferences with the most bowl tie-ins (not to mention BCS automatic bid) do not want to share that money evenly with the mid-majors. While a playoff would raise more money on the whole than bowls, the bigger conferences would actually make less money.

Not nessasaraly, they could divide up the money according to how you end up in the final rankings ...

Jimbo

Last edited:
Jimbo, I was going to bust your chops about the OSU loss. I can't though. My Auburn Tigers just got there ass kicked by Georgia.:D

Sorry Yaz,
Not a very good day today :down

I will :hatsoff: to the Illini they played about a perfect game.

Not to complain to much , but my Dad and I could not believe it when the officials gave them the ball at the 3 after the long run when he was taken down he lost the ball well before he was down and the ball went thru the endzone therefore by rule, that is the opponents ball, it's happened several times this year and the upstairs officials never ruled on it, but it was very obvious what had happened, as it turned out, the Illlini was given the ball at the three and scored when it should have been OSU's ball at thier 20.
Just so happens, that was the difference in the final score.

Kinda knew it was not our day when that happened.

Jimbo

Not to complain to much , but my Dad and I could not believe it when the officials gave them the ball at the 3 after the long run when he was taken down he lost the ball well before he was down and the ball went thru the endzone therefore by rule, that is the opponents ball, it's happened several times this year and the upstairs officials never ruled on it, but it was very obvious what had happened, as it turned out, the Illlini was given the ball at the three and scored when it should have been OSU's ball at thier 20.
Just so happens, that was the difference in the final score.

Jimbo

I thought about that play too. I don't understand how that wasn't an automatic review from the guys up top. :confused:

I agree on that one play. But it is what it is. No exuses. OSU flat out got out played. Boeckman was shook and could not get his composure back.
Ilini linebacker, Leyman was spot one as was the rest of the team.
They diserve all the credit in the world.

What disappointed me more was the lack of sportsman showed on both sides after the game. I'd like to know what was said/done to cause that fight.

Right! They both have to get there first! And, as we have already witnessed this season, it probably won't be easy -- Neither team really looks as if they are invisible and, quite honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to see both of them fall.
When one of these teams does look invisible to you I suggest you call a doctor.:D