Ohio State does not want to play LSU in the BCS Championship...

whaddya mean, it was a great day. let me be among the first to say to ron zook.......i'm sorry, zooker.....i take back all those horrible things i said about you when you coached a bit further south. that was one heck of a game your team played saturday and you deserved to win. congrats. and i hope we get to see you in our great state january 1. ps, i don't even mind if you play us....either!

I agree on that one play. But it is what it is. No exuses. OSU flat out got out played. Boeckman was shook and could not get his composure back.
Ilini linebacker, Leyman was spot one as was the rest of the team.
They diserve all the credit in the world.

What disappointed me more was the lack of sportsman showed on both sides after the game. I'd like to know what was said/done to cause that fight.

I agree with you, Illini DO deserve all the credit in the world, they won the game with their running game.

However, that play was the turning point in the game.

Jimbo

I agree with you, Illini DO deserve all the credit in the world, they won the game with their running game.

However, that play was the turning point in the game.

Jimbo

Sorry for your loss Jimbo, but it confirms what I've been saying since you got to the top: that OSU was over rated. Both of our teams got manhandled yesterday, perhaps both teams were looking to next Saturday. In Michigan's defense, we had to play without Henne and Hart, whom I believe would have made a difference when we were down only 2, late in the game. Hopefully everyone will be healthy next week, when we play for the Rose Bowl berth.

You had all the LSU tailgaters out watching the Ohio game. OTA HD is a beautiful thing! ;) The entire place lit up when Illinois won.

but it confirms what I've been saying since you got to the top: that OSU was over rated. .

Thats EASY to say when your team is not among the top teams, any one can do that.

I don't think LSU is as good as they think either.... they would have 3 losses had they had officials with eyeballs ...

In my opinion, Oregon is the clear cut # 1 team.

jimbo

Not nessasaraly, they could divide up the money according to how you end up in the final rankings ...

Jimbo
The mid-majors would never agree to anything less than the type of sharing used in the Basketball tourny.
And the majors like the current model, because the get big bucks no matter how badly they're doing (ACC is a good example).

They definitely didn't deserve to be dropped 6 places in the human polls.....
I agree! The Suckeye's are still the only 10-win, one-loss team out there...they are still a top 5 team IMO. Illinois is very good team who will get a nice bowl bid.

Additionally, I now feel that LSU will incur another "L" and Oregon will play a Big 12 Team (Kansas/Missouri/Oklahoma in the BCS Championship. It will be interesting to see if the teams or voters will resolve the issue.

Although a little premature, here is an interesting little tidbit I just pulled from Stassen.com - Ohio State is a dismal (or make that abysmal) 3-10-1, with 7 straight losses, versus SEC Teams. Personally, I was rather surprised to see how poorly they fared since they are usually well-prepared. If they win their next two games (big IF), history does not favor OSU should they do battle with LSU in the BCS Championship game.:eek:

Date Opponent (record) Result Score Site
1/8/2007 vs. Florida (13-1) L 14 41 @ Glendale, AZ BCS Championship
1/1/2002 vs. South Carolina (9-3) L 28 31 @ Tampa, FL Outback Bowl
1/1/2001 vs. South Carolina (8-4) L 7 24 @ Tampa, FL Outback Bowl
1/1/1996 vs. Tennessee (11-1) L 14 20 @ Orlando, FL Citrus Bowl
1/2/1995 vs. Alabama (12-1) L 17 24 @ Orlando, FL Citrus Bowl
1/1/1993 vs. Georgia (10-2) L 14 21 @ Orlando, FL Citrus Bowl
1/1/1990 vs. Auburn (10-2) L 14 31 @ Tampa, FL Hall of Fame Bowl
9/24/1988 vs. Louisiana State (8-4) W 36 33
9/26/1987 @ Louisiana State (10-1-1) T 13 13
8/27/1986 vs. Alabama (10-3) L 10 16 @ East Rutherford, NJ Kick-off Classic
1/2/1978 vs. Alabama (11-1) L 6 35 @ New Orleans, LA Sugar Bowl
10/5/1935 vs. Kentucky (5-4) W 19 6
10/14/1933 vs. Vanderbilt (4-3-3) W 20 0
10/10/1931 vs. Vanderbilt (5-4) L 21 26

Conversely, Michigan is a stellar 12-4-1 versus the SEC. Just as long as Appalachian State doesn't join the SEC anytime soon, I wouldn't mind seeing them match-up against an SEC Team in a BCS Bowl. :rolleyes:

Date Opponent (record) Result Score Site
9/2/2006 vs. Vanderbilt (4-8) W 27 7
1/1/2003 vs. Florida (8-5) W 38 30 @ Tampa, FL Outback Bowl
1/1/2002 vs. Tennessee (11-2) L 17 45 @ Orlando, FL Citrus Bowl
1/1/2001 vs. Auburn (9-4) W 31 28 @ Orlando, FL Citrus Bowl
1/1/2000 vs. Alabama (10-3) W 35 34 @ Miami, FL Orange Bowl
1/1/1999 vs. Arkansas (9-3) W 45 31 @ Orlando, FL Citrus Bowl
1/1/1997 vs. Alabama (10-3) L 14 17 @ Tampa, FL Outback Bowl
1/1/1991 vs. Mississippi (9-3) W 35 3 @ Jacksonville, FL Gator Bowl
1/2/1988 vs. Alabama (7-5) W 28 24 @ Tampa, FL Hall of Fame Bowl
1/2/1984 vs. Auburn (11-1) L 7 9 @ New Orleans, LA Sugar Bowl
9/20/1969 vs. Vanderbilt (4-6) W 42 14
10/2/1965 vs. Georgia (6-4) L 7 15
10/5/1957 vs. Georgia (3-7) W 26 0
10/3/1953 vs. Tulane (1-8-1) W 26 7
10/20/1934 vs. Georgia Tech (1-9) W 9 2
10/13/1923 vs. Vanderbilt (5-2-1) W 3 0
10/14/1922 @ Vanderbilt (8-0-1) T 0 0

Heck, even Indiana has managed to hold their own with a 20-19 record. Thanks for embarrassing the Big Ten Conference there horse nuts. :eek:

GEEEAWD MAN!!!! YOU ARE GOING ALL THE WAY BACK TO 1931??? GIVE ME A BREAK. LSU HAS TO MAKE IT FIRST. I DONT THINK THEY WILL. BUT THIS...PLEASE MAN.

I agree on that one play. But it is what it is. No exuses. OSU flat out got out played. Boeckman was shook and could not get his composure back.
Ilini linebacker, Leyman was spot one as was the rest of the team.
They diserve all the credit in the world.

What disappointed me more was the lack of sportsman showed on both sides after the game. I'd like to know what was said/done to cause that fight.

Do you really think Illinois would have domonated the rest of the game had OSU went up 14-0 in the first quarter instead of the gift TD making it 7-7 ?

Jimbo

I have no idea. I don't get into "what if's". Thats not the way it happened. good or bad. I love watching the Bucks. But I also can't refuse to accept the situation. They were lacking somewhere and it's up to Tressel and company to find it and fix it. I believe they will. Every loss only makes them stronger. Even Coach Tressel said at the beginning of the season that they were not as good as people think they are. I am by no means an expert in football. I have only been a fan for 2-3 years. Before that was just a casual observer. Never played in high school or anything. I wish I had, but it is what it is. So I can't debate much anything in football. I just call it like I see it. I do have faith that coach Tressle knows what needs fixed and is in the process of doing that right now.

OSU was picked to finish 3rd in the big10(11). After losing over HALF the team from the team that went to the Nat'l Championship I think 10-1 is pretty darn good.

Saturday they looked more like Blue Jackets than Buckeyes. Illinois played extremely well and were ranked earlier and will prolly end up the season ranked.

NEXT year was supposed to be the Buckeyes year, if they're better next year then LOOK OUT!

Oregon is clearly the #1 team, they haven't struggled like LSU has at times this year.

Oregon is clearly the #1 team, they haven't struggled like LSU has at times this year.

Clearly? I guess you don't think much of the pollsters either. Maybe they're looking at strenght of schedule or something?

Nothing will be clear until the season is played out. I believe Florida proved that last year in the NCG.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts