Who will win?

• Ohio State

Votes: 69 61.6%
  • Florida

Votes: 43 38.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant wait to watch you all eat your words, and florida has used 2 qb's since when steve ran the team. Even when they had 2 heisman winners as their qb.. its just there way of playing and it obviously works.

Florida 21

Ohio State 9

Ohio State will be playing against a defense that is much better than anything the Big Ten or Texas put on the field.

with apologies to steven, meyer has used 2 qb's this year because tebow is an option quarterback, who can get that necessary yard or two on third or fourth down. leak is a 4-year starter, who is a drop back passer. if meyer plays to leak's strengths in the championship game, the buckeyes will be in for a treat!!

personally, i'm waiting for next season when tebow is the starter. the man can run the option as well as vince young!!

I'll say this much in defense of the BCS: it makes for great controversy in these threads. Either way this turned out, somebody was going to feel wronged. Being a Michigan man, I would have loved a rematch, but alas we had our chance and came up short. RIP Florida.

Paul, good point it sux this bcs system but if mich would of beat osu there would be no debate. they had their chance played hard but came up short thats how football is. there is always next year.

and ice that is true, but its been a staple in florida playbook to use the 2 qb game. made famous by spurrier .

Looks like Ohio State to me. Florida is lucky to be there.

excuse me, but florida earned a trip to the national championship game. they should have moved up to number 2 in the bcs after michigan lost to ohio state. at least, the pollsters got it right when it counted!!

seriously deranged, i say. but hey, the chick isn't suppose to know dick about sports, right?

in case anybody cares to know, in my many years in the news business, i was known to write a sports story or two or maybe, even three!!!

Florida by 10: 34-24

Why? Urban Meyer, Freshman, Health.

Urban Meyer is a tactical genius - he finds ways for his players to win. If they don't win, its because they failed to execute, but he put them in the position to win.

Second - see #1. Urban played more freshman than any other div-I school. They now have a 13 game SEC season under their belts and he has a month to coach them up. The Freshman (Harvin, Fayson, Tebow) play a huge role in this game and account for a 2 TD upswing in FLAs offense.

Third - The Florida that played after the 4 game stretch (ALABAMA, LSU, AUBURN, GEORGIA) was a VERY hurt team, especially defense. The healthy FLA defense is faster and more dynamic than anything Ohio State has seen.

And the bonus reason: Some teams just know how to win. This team knows how. The part everyone forgets - as much as a controversy it seems to be now, if FLA hadn't had a blown replay call (admitted to be a bad call) against AUB - there wouldn't be a controversy - it'd be 12-0 Ohio State versus 13-0 Florida - probably with the #1 votes split down the middle.

Chris

if FLA hadn't had a blown replay call (admitted to be a bad call) against AUB - there wouldn't be a controversy - it'd be 12-0 Ohio State versus 13-0 Florida - probably with the #1 votes split down the middle.

Chris

ALOT of people have seem to forgotten this....I am not a Gators fan....LIKING Miami and being a FSU alum....but, alot of 'experts' are already handing the BCS Championship to Ohio State....don't count the Gators out.

is this the same florida team that BARLEY escaped at Florida state, and south carolina? and also tennesse? I am just curious how they can not show up for these games, and you guys think that they are going to show up against the #1 team in the country? a team that has put the smack down on every team they have played? Go BUCKS!!!

is this the same florida team that BARLEY escaped at Florida state, and south carolina? and also tennesse? I am just curious how they can not show up for these games, and you guys think that they are going to show up against the #1 team in the country? a team that has put the smack down on every team they have played? Go BUCKS!!!

This cracks me up. First - they won. 2nd - you pointed out rivals which as USC can tell you can be very tough. FLA has a lot of rivals - don't put too much on the score.

Second - Michigan barely escaped Penn State, BALL STATE??, a mediocre Minnesota by only 14, put up a grand 17 points on that POWERFUL Northwestern defense which got them to 2-7 this year.

Whats your point? FLA showed up for every game they played. You don't back into an SEC title, 12-1 record, beat all of your rivals, etc...

Chris

So what. Ohio State barely escaped at least one of their games too if not more.

Florida had a tough enough time beating Arkansas.

Ohio State 45 Florida 17

All those freshman will fold up shop.

Besides I cant respect Urban Meyer he did everything but show up on Oprah and the View. Pretty Boy is in trouble in this one.

This cracks me up. First - they won. 2nd - you pointed out rivals which as USC can tell you can be very tough. FLA has a lot of rivals - don't put too much on the score.

Second - Michigan barely escaped Penn State, BALL STATE??, a mediocre Minnesota by only 14, put up a grand 17 points on that POWERFUL Northwestern defense which got them to 2-7 this year.

Whats your point? FLA showed up for every game they played. You don't back into an SEC title, 12-1 record, beat all of your rivals, etc...

Chris

Huh?? who said anything about michigan, I am past that.....lets talk Ohio state florida which I thought this thread was about, I am suprised that you think florida will give them a game, we will see I guess, Lets play it out on the field but my guess would be Ohio state, by alot, lets say 38-14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)