• Ohio State

Votes: 69 61.6%
  • Florida

Votes: 43 38.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You've got to be kidding,
Kirk has done everything possible to basically say Ohio State will get beat every week, he's afraid to pick them in most cases because he'll get called a homer, though I'm not sure why, any other announcers would pick thier former school and not get slammed.

No I am not kidding he has been slamming the Gators for the last 2 months on ESPN along with the 2 other Gator haters. Guess he couldn't plead enough to get Michigan in the title game, considering they are OSU's bitch recently. He was all but in tears that Michigan was not in the game. What was he worried about?

How bad does Florida need to be ohio to earn respect?

and ya florida lost to aurburn #11 (a ranked team) by a fieldgoal.. and a very bad call which you cant deny... Take nothing from auburn they played a great game and the cards fell their way thats how football is... cant take back the loss but in the eyes of the voters in the BCS im sure they didnt see it as a loss.

Oh , I respect Flordia.
I've been watching Urban Meyer teams for the last 6-7 years now, he'll come up with a creative offense and has a D to win with.

Kinda sounds like Ohio State is not getting any respect form the Fla. fans around here , but hay, thats OK, it makes the threads great and lots of fun.

Lets all remember, were all here to discuss a great matchup and to have fun at the others expense somewhat, but mostly to have fun.

Jimbo

Last edited:
Flordia showed up for every game, did they ?

Squeaked by a now # 13 Tennessee 21-20
Squeaked by a powerhouse Vanderbuilt team 25-19
Got luckey against S. Carolina 17-16

Better look a bit closer....

Jimbo
Go Bucks !!!

Must be nice to play 1 rivalry game a year.

Oh , I respect Flordia.
I've been watching Urban Meyer teams for the last 6-7 years now, he'll come up with a creative offense and has a D to win with.

Kinda sounds like Ohio State is not getting any respect form the Fla. fans around here , but hay, thats OK, it makes the threads great and lots of fun.

Lets all remember, were all here to discuss a great matchup and to have fun at the others expense somewhat, but mostly to have fun.

Jimbo

I do respect the Buckeyes and their fans seem to be respectful, it is the talking heads, especially those at ESPN that have PO'd the Gator Nation.

I just like to talk a little smack to get away from the Michigan whinning. :)

Fla has 2 QB's, a pocket passer and an option guy that can run.

OSU's defense has practiced against both all year, his name is Troy Smith.

If any of you have seen any of his interviews this year you would understand how he has matured into a true champion.

Must be nice to play 1 rivalry game a year.

Just playing our shcedule, last year PSU was a top 5 team if you recall, previous years we played Notre Dame and beat them 4 out of 5
SEC won't play us, what are we suppose to do.

We had Texas the last few years, I think we play USC the next few years and Oklahoma coming up.

I look for Flordia and Ohio State to set up a match up somewhere soon due to the two coaches involved, both are from Ohio and coach (ed) at OSU.

Thats right, your coach , coached here too !!!

Jimbo

I do respect the Buckeyes and their fans seem to be respectful, it is the talking heads, especially those at ESPN that have PO'd the Gator Nation.

I just like to talk a little smack to get away from the Michigan whinning. :)

Previous years it was Oh HOW GREAT USC was for the last 4-5 years from the ESPN heads.

Sorry guys about the number of posts, but I felt I needed to catch up !

Jimbo

Just playing our shcedule, last year PSU was a top 5 team if you recall, previous years we played Notre Dame and beat them 4 out of 5
SEC won't play us, what are we suppose to do.

We had Texas the last few years, I think we play USC the next few years and Oklahoma coming up.

I look for Flordia and Ohio State to set up a match up somewhere soon due to the two coaches involved, both are from Ohio and coach (ed) at OSU.

Thats right, your coach , coached here too !!!

Jimbo

I doubt we will schedule any different, our OOC "big" game is permantly scheduled forever against FSU and our 12th game becomes Miami in 2 years.

Watch Tennessee lay the wood to PSU on new years day, than watch a replay as Arkansas does the same to Wisconsin. It is just to bad the Visor won't get a chance to do the same to a Big 10 team.

I would say you are pretty much correct on these predictions.
PSU was up last year and not very good this year and Tenn. was ok, but nothing great this year.

Arkansas should handle Wisconsin, I would be suprised is Wisconsin won this game.

The visor gets to play a nobody (sorry Houston) but how did you get to a bowl this year and you'll wonder why after the game too.

S. Carolina by a LOT.

I would have perfered to see S. Carolina play Wisconsin or PSU, would have been a better game.

This is a case for having TOO many bowl games , we've had too many for quite a while now.

32 games, thats 64 teams (sounds like the BB tournament) out of 117
So half the teams play bowl games, rediculous.

Personally, if you play 12 games, I think you should have to win at least 8 to play in a game.

Jimbo

I doubt we will schedule any different, our OOC "big" game is permantly scheduled forever against FSU and our 12th game becomes Miami in 2 years.

I keep thinking that they are in your conference.

You could drop your patsy game with S. Miss, if you wanted to play another game with the Big Boys, they are not in your conference.
We do play several game you would consider that way as well , but we play them because they are IN state games and help them finantially when we schedule them, so we will always have a BG or Toledo or Cincinnati on the schedule somewhere, but since the Tressel era has started you have seen us start to go outside to play the Big boys more often.

Jimbo
Go Bucks !!!

hey, just because florida state and miami had off years this season, it doesn't mean they won't be formidable foes in the future. let's face it, every school has a couple of patsies on their sked, its usually a tune-up for the conference sked!!

yes, jimbos, i must have posted this in another thread, but i'm quite aware of meyer's ohio state connection..........read: graduate degree and assistant coach.

you probably know that meyer is a spread offense guy. problem is that leak is a drop back passer, who can't run the spread.....tebow can. he's big and strong. i'm saying meyer needs to draw a game plan and play to leak's strengths (as he did in '05 against georgia).

and yes, the gators had a lot of close calls this season. but they are gritty and find a way to win. that's what you need to know!

All I can say is there will be a winner of the game but there is no such thing as National Championship in College Football. Oh sure a few will call it that but it is so silly. Playoff or "you just won yourself a bowl game, congrats".

Geez Jimbo, had a lot to say yesterday, didn't you? Don't sweat it man OSU will win easily. Sure gald neither of us thought of the bet didital dude made with Salsa, I wouldn't have lived up to my end.

Let's get real guys...do you really believe that OSU could have made it though an SEC schedule undefeated? No Way!!

Gators 28 Buckeyes 21

GO GATORS!!!

Fla has 2 QB's, a pocket passer and an option guy that can run.

OSU's defense has practiced against both all year, his name is Troy Smith.

If any of you have seen any of his interviews this year you would understand how he has matured into a true champion.
I just do not see how 2 QB's are going to work against the Buckeyes. They are good enough without telling them whats coming. :rolleyes:

I just do not see how 2 QB's are going to work against the Buckeyes. They are good enough without telling them whats coming. :rolleyes:

You do know Tebow only plays a handful of plays, it is not a rotating QB system?

Have you actually watched Florida this year, or are you going by what ESPN has told you?

I guess anyone can be brainwashed by Disney/ABC machine;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)