Who will win?

• Ohio State

Votes: 69 61.6%
  • Florida

Votes: 43 38.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You would think that Flordia was undefeated and OSU had 3 losses and lucky to get voted in, if you listen to iceturkee ....
He keeps talking about us eating our words, but he's the one bragging the most..(besides Me !)

I think if I look at the records Flordia has a loss and OSU does not.

How many top teams did you whip in your ferocious conference, OSU may have lost a game in your conference, but so did everyone else.

I don't buy your "We played everyone and OSU played no one" attitude.

We beat a at the time top 5 TEXAS team with a top 5 defense (Texas), with our scrouny 9 southmore and freshman, just like we will inour next game.

Jim Tressel knows how to Win BIG games, just look at his record in the Bowls and Michigan games and NOTHING bothers Troy Smith.

btw, Smith will run circles around your QB's and OSU's offense will run circles around your D as well... Like they have against everyone this year.

Jimbo

Why can't this game be played on a Saturday night, so you don't have to go to work the next day ?

Whoever thought : Lets play the Biggest game of the Year during the week ?
Should be re assigned :mad:

You would think the advertising dollar and hotel and everything else would be better on a weekend ....

Jimbo

They do this so their won't be as much activities around campus. They figure that if people have to go to work or school the next day they won't stay out all night partying.

They also will still get all the same people traveling to the games so the city does not really loose out on things. If anything people may stay an extra day. They fly in on Saturday and leave on Tuesday. If it was on Saturday they would come in on Friday and leave Sunday. This gives the city a extra day worth of people that are in the area.

They do this so their won't be as much activities around campus. They figure that if people have to go to work or school the next day they won't stay out all night partying.

They also will still get all the same people traveling to the games so the city does not really loose out on things. If anything people may stay an extra day. They fly in on Saturday and leave on Tuesday. If it was on Saturday they would come in on Friday and leave Sunday. This gives the city a extra day worth of people that are in the area.
I was actually refering to the people that can not make the trip and have to work in the morning :)

Jimbo

All in the Past ????
How about 2001,
It's kinda hard to win them in the future already :what

Jimbo

2001 was a lifetime ago in college sports. None of those guys are on this team. Thats all I was saying.

I was actually refering to the people that can not make the trip and have to work in the morning :)

Jimbo

That was my first point in the post. People will not be out all night partying. This helps with issues around campus.

2001 was a lifetime ago in college sports. None of those guys are on this team. Thats all I was saying.

How many National Championships does KENTUCKY have in Football ?
Give me a break, the Bucks went 35 years between winning NC's last time, this is 2 time in the game in 5 years, thats great.
If OSU can be in 2 out of 5 years, I'd love it.

Not too many teams can do that, unless your a media darling , like USC or Miami or Fla St.

Jimbo

How many National Championships does KENTUCKY have in Football ?
Give me a break, the Bucks went 35 years between winning NC's last time, this is 2 time in the game in 5 years, thats great.
If OSU can be in 2 out of 5 years, I'd love it.

Not too many teams can do that, unless your a media darling , like USC or Miami or Fla St.

Jimbo

Hey, I never said that Kentucky was or ever will be a power house in Football. Now don't get me started on basketball, because UK has the most wins of ALL schools and the second most Championships.:D

Hey, I never said that Kentucky was or ever will be a power house in Football. Now don't get me started on basketball, because UK has the most wins of ALL schools and the second most Championships.:D

I was just trying to figure out what you figured a lifetime ago was.

A few short years ago for me :)
I remember it like it was yesterday.

Jimbo

You would think that Flordia was undefeated and OSU had 3 losses and lucky to get voted in, if you listen to iceturkee ....
He keeps talking about us eating our words, but he's the one bragging the most..(besides Me !)

I think if I look at the records Flordia has a loss and OSU does not.

How many top teams did you whip in your ferocious conference, OSU may have lost a game in your conference, but so did everyone else.

I don't buy your "We played everyone and OSU played no one" attitude.

We beat a at the time top 5 TEXAS team with a top 5 defense (Texas), with our scrouny 9 southmore and freshman, just like we will inour next game.

Jim Tressel knows how to Win BIG games, just look at his record in the Bowls and Michigan games and NOTHING bothers Troy Smith.

btw, Smith will run circles around your QB's and OSU's offense will run circles around your D as well... Like they have against everyone this year.

Jimbo

You know....I REALLY don't like EITHER team.....but all this crap talkin' almost makes me anxious for this game.....if there is one team I would prefer to win....I guess the lesser of the 2 evils would be Florida.....damn that was hard to say....LOL:D But looking at this game realistically, the ONLY advantage that Ohio State is at quarterback....other than that, they are pretty much even. Ohio State is bigger.....Florida is faster AND the weather will NOT be an issue...also, Florida was little banged up with injuries earlier in they year and they struggled. But with a month off, both teams SHOULD be completely healthy....and I think a completely healthy Florida is a better than Ohio State....damn...being a Miami 'Canes lover and a Florida State alumni....these words are WAY to hard to express with all my positives comments towards the Gators....LOL

You know....I REALLY don't like EITHER team.....but all this crap talkin' almost makes me anxious for this game.....if there is one team I would prefer to win....I guess the lesser of the 2 evils would be Florida.....damn that was hard to say....LOL:D But looking at this game realistically, the ONLY advantage that Ohio State is at quarterback....other than that, they are pretty much even. Ohio State is bigger.....Florida is faster AND the weather will NOT be an issue...also, Florida was little banged up with injuries earlier in they year and they struggled. But with a month off, both teams SHOULD be completely healthy....and I think a completely healthy Florida is a better than Ohio State....damn...being a Miami 'Canes lover and a Florida State alumni....these words are WAY to hard to express with all my positives comments towards the Gators....LOL

I have a slight problem with your analasys.
Ohio State is EVERY bit as FAST as FLORDIA, perticularly on Defense and on offense at the important positions like WR and running back and QB.
Ohio States D really impressed me with their speed early inmthe year, thats what saved themin a few games.
Ted Ginn can run by anyone, IF you can't keep up with Ted, your in trouble because Antony Gonzalas is FASTER than Ted is. and Roy hall is the fastest of them all (another WR).

If the lay off doesn't kill us in the 1st half, it should be a good game till the 4th Q.

Every team is banged up this time of year.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the ONLY advantage that Ohio State is at quarterback....other than that,

Other than that ?
THAT is HUGE .... Troy has a reputation for playing VERY well in the BIG games :)
Just ask Michigan the last 4 years and OSU's bowl opponents the last 4 years,
Notre Dame was LOST last year against Ohio State.

Jimbo

All you Florida fans have been talking about how great their D is. How about OSU's little animal James Laurinaitis. He was just named college footballs defensive player of the year. He will help put the smack down on the Gators come January 8.

Brandon Siler is a better LB than son-of-wrestler, but I guess you win awards when you are promoted every week by the Disnsey/ABC/ESPN hype machine.

I have a slight problem with your analasys.
Ohio State is EVERY bit as FAST as FLORDIA, perticularly on Defense and on offense at the important positions like WR and running back and QB.
Ohio States D really impressed me with their speed early inmthe year, thats what saved themin a few games.
Ted Ginn can run by anyone, IF you can't keep up with Ted, your in trouble because Antony Gonzalas is FASTER than Ted is. and Roy hall is the fastest of them all (another WR).

If the lay off doesn't kill us in the 1st half, it should be a good game till the 4th Q.

Every team is banged up this time of year.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the ONLY advantage that Ohio State is at quarterback....other than that,

Other than that ?
THAT is HUGE .... Troy has a reputation for playing VERY well in the BIG games :)
Just ask Michigan the last 4 years and OSU's bowl opponents the last 4 years,
Notre Dame was LOST last year against Ohio State.

Jimbo

I gotta stop sticking up for the Gators....someone my take my degree back from FSU!! LOL:eek: :p

So far it is 71% in favor of OSU. I guess if you listen to all the Gator fans we must all be brainwashed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts