OHR Sensor Adapter

Status
Please reply by conversation.

northgeorgia

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
North GA
No panic this time; just asking for directions.

I want to install MagicStatic's OHR Sensor Adapter using the standard reed switch installation. According to the color coded instructions, I should be using the white and black terminals to connect my sensor wires (yellow and blue), while the red one is not used. According to those instructions and diagram, I would attach it as shown in the photo. But to me, it seems incorrect to connect the empty red terminal to the voltage where the black wire is connected. I would think I connect the S1/blue wire to the red and the S2/yellow wire to the white, leaving the black unused, and connect as shown in the smaller photo.

Which is correct?

asc1.jpg
Capture.JPG

The instructions are correct. The red terminal is not used. If you take a volt meter to the white terminal you will find 5V , which goes throught the reed switch to the black terminal energizing the relay and making the connection between S1 and S2

OK, so to clarify, I'm good to connect the unused red terminal (no wires) to the M2 terminal with the black motor wire?

The insert diagram in your photo and the B&W photo both show the same connection of the OHR to the ASC1. The OHR connects to the S1/S2/Gnd and +5vdc terminals. The OHR does not connect to the ASC1 Motor M2 terminal.

The motor M1 and M2 distribution wires are the only wires connected to the ASC1 M1 and M2 terminals.

The reed S1 and S2 sensor wires will connect to the White and the Black terminals on the OHR. The shield for the sensor distribution wire bundle would be open at the actuator and connected to the ASC1 GND terminal.

Reactions: martin-f
You don't connect the adapter to the M1 or M2 terminals the adapter connects to the S1 , S2 5v+, skips the pulse , and connects to ground terminal.

Reactions: Titanium
So, as in the inset shown here? (ignoring the large photo...just for wire color reference)

Attachments

• asc1a.jpg
    asc1a.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 233
Reactions: Titanium
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts