OK it has been over a month where is Paramount (and Universal)

mike123abc

Too many cables
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Norman, OK
Well there was the rumor that Paramount had a 30 day out. Maybe they have to wait for 30 days after the Warner's finish (i.e. June/July). Maybe Toshiba has them in an iron clad contract.

This is like waiting for Dish to announce new HD channels. Waiting on the announcement for BD support.

This is all gathered from BR.com insider comments

Paramount should be on board by Summer, Universal slightly later. Both are not saying anything(hence the NDA agreements) because they dont want all their HDDVD software out there to sit on the shelfs.

Universal is also running behind because they had not lined up any replication means, and the rumor that they need to remaster some titles.

The Netfli:mad:and Im sure BB is soon to follow) should help keep this flowing in the right direction. Good thing is that I should be able to buy Iron Man, Hellboy 2 and Hulk on BD by Christmas :D

The final collapse of HD DVD is like a domino chain reaction. We don't know if Paramount or Universal are the next dominoes in line, but rest assured they're all falling over.

Penton hinted today after the BBuy news came out that he did not want to "steal" anyones thunder, but there was "more to come".

Hopefully its a studio. Theres a rumor on AVS that BB is dropping HD-DVD to be inline with Netflix. We'll see.

This is all gathered from BR.com insider comments

Paramount should be on board by Summer, Universal slightly later. Both are not saying anything(hence the NDA agreements) because they dont want all their HDDVD software out there to sit on the shelfs.

Universal is also running behind because they had not lined up any replication means, and the rumor that they need to remaster some titles.

The Netfli:mad:and Im sure BB is soon to follow) should help keep this flowing in the right direction. Good thing is that I should be able to buy Iron Man, Hellboy 2 and Hulk on BD by Christmas :D

why would he existing HD VD releases suffer? And if they do why won't that happen in the summer? I f they a re going to jump or ride both horses why not just so it now?

I dont know how to better explain it. If you have so much software in stock, and were planning something that could dramatically slow sales there'd have to be a plan.

Why would you announce now and slow movement of the stock? Why not let the facade of the cheap players keep everyone buying thinking there was hope? Once your inventory is where you want it, then you make the announcement.

You guys blow off rumors from highly accurate people as FUD, its the standard copout. I know, we should not post rumors since they dont favor you.

I like the rumors, they are fun to discuss.

But I agree with Teachsac, its about time to give this puppy(forum) up

Why is it that Universal needs to remaster some titles? They go over 25GB and want to cut it down, to single layer or did they overcompress some and want to go to 50?

You guys blow off rumors from highly accurate people as FUD, its the standard copout. I know, we should not post rumors since they dont favor you.

I like the rumors, they are fun to discuss.

But I agree with Teachsac, its about time to give this puppy(forum) up

Some people think that their own FUD doesn't stink.

Even if that's true, coming into the thread just to type those three little letters is not exactly adding anything meaningful to the conversation.

I find the desire to generate fear, uncertainty, and doubt to be what serves no pupose, and what adds NOTHING meaningful to the conversation.

When I see FUD I will call FUD. Period.

I find the desire to generate fear, uncertainty, and doubt to be what serves no pupose, and what adds NOTHING meaningful to the conversation.

When I see FUD I will call FUD. Period.

Good for you.

If we're not going to discuss rumors and the like, we might as well shut this thing down, because this whole forum will serve no purpose.

Good for you.

If we're not going to discuss rumors and the like, we might as well shut this thing down, because this whole forum will serve no purpose.

Yeah, it is good for me. You can discuss the merits of the formats, that is what this forum is for, not for FUD.

As always the BD-advocates think the sole purpuse of the forum is to denigrate HD DVD. Its not.

Yeah, it is good for me. You can discuss the merits of the formats, that is what this forum is for, not for FUD.

As always the BD-advocates think the sole purpuse of the forum is to denigrate HD DVD. Its not.

How is discussing rumors or opinions about when movie studios might switch to Blu-Ray denigrating HD-DVD?

And while we're on the topic, how is it FUD, really? There have been enough rumors, some of them somewhat credible, that these two studios will either switch or go neutral. I'm really struggling to figure out why discussing that is a problem.

Does EGM have a scoop for March: EGMSCAN1.jpg (image)

Perhaps it is just a mistake, but a few more like that in the press and no one will buy HD-DVD. (note where it says Universal is no longer HD-DVD exclusive second column first paragraph).

I'm an HD-DVD guy and I see just as much denigration from the HD-DVD crowd about Sony and BD in this forum as I do from the BD guys about HD-DVD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)