OK it has been over a month where is Paramount (and Universal)

Makes a lot of sense to me why there was no announcement from them before now - if Toshiba folds, they write off the $150M to Paramount. If Paramount leaves before they fold, they probably have to give it back.

Paramount probably loses the remainder of the 150mil either way. Most likely it was not a direct cash payment but marketing dollars (all the transformers clips in ads) and replication cost subsidies. If they are not marketing HD-DVD any more or pressing discs, it is over.

Paramount probably loses the remainder of the 150mil either way. Most likely it was not a direct cash payment but marketing dollars (all the transformers clips in ads) and replication cost subsidies. If they are not marketing HD-DVD any more or pressing discs, it is over.

Good point, and probably true...

Bingo!

BD probably loves the payback for Paramount losing all their marketing $$ for going HD-DVD exclusive. They should have taken the BD $$ instead and still be cashing in.

Paramount still not announcing anything? I cannot believe they were caught off guard...

Paramount still not announcing anything? I cannot believe they were caught off guard...

Paramount is announcing new HD DVD releases. After Toshiba officially quit the format. Either colossal incompetence, magnanimous goodwill, or blatant legal maneuvering. I don't think it's the first two.

Again paramount will annouce just not as fast as some of you want.

Paramount is announcing new HD DVD releases. After Toshiba officially quit the format. Either colossal incompetence, magnanimous goodwill, or blatant legal maneuvering. I don't think it's the first two.

Or just momentum. Too much work done that its not worth to just toss it so they release anyways.

Your reasons are overly dramatic :rolleyes:

Dreamworks is actually distributed by a division of Paramount. Many of the Paramount stories have said that Dreamworks is part of that movement even though the brief announcement does not name them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts