OK need some help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Liquidforce88

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
The Land Of OZ
I know I probably am asking questions that have been asked a bunch of times, or maybe not. I tried searching for the answers, but did not really find what I was looking for.

Here is what I have for equipment.

Coolsat 5000
2 GEOSATpro SL1 Bullet LNBF's
Coolsat 4x1 DisEqC switch
Modified Dish1000.4

What I am really trying to do is basically get the Glorystar religious chanels for my grandmother. I know I should just buy a Glorystar receiver and it would be easy, but I don't have the money for that right now, and what would I learn from it anyway.

My first problem is that the receiver must have old software in it. It does not show Galaxy19 at 97w, it shows it as IA-5. Where could I find some new software for this? Is new software even needed? I did a blind scan and was able to get channels, but I am not getting all the Glorystar channels.

Now I know the following questions will really bug some of you, but I just dont know where to look to learn.

What should I have my LNB type set for? I have it set for universal on 97 and 101is set to single. This seeamed to be the only way I would get channels off of both satellite locations

I have my DiSEqC switch set to 1.0 and I have 101 committed to 1 and 97 committed to 2. 97 has the 22KHZ on auto and the 101 is off.

I understand that Autoroll had something to do with getting illegal channels so I have the Echostar and BEV set to off. But there is also and Autoroll in EPG, not sure what that is but left it on.

Are there any other setting I should be looking at?

I was also able to show signal on the 103 satellite, but as far as I know I am not pointed at it.

SO any help and knowledge you all can give me would be great. I really want to learn more about these FTA systems, as I want to start watching some of these channels myself.

What I am really trying to do is basically get the Glorystar religious chanels for my grandmother. I know I should just buy a Glorystar receiver and it would be easy, but I don't have the money for that right now, and what would I learn from it anyway.
the receiver you have will work just fine

My first problem is that the receiver must have old software in it. It does not show Galaxy19 at 97w, it shows it as IA-5. Where could I find some new software for this? Is new software even needed? I did a blind scan and was able to get channels, but I am not getting all the Glorystar channels.
satellite name doesnt really matter. I've got a receiver that still has the old Telstar names (Telstar sold to IA who sold to Galaxy ;)
The reason you arent getting all the channels is probably the dish or an alignment issue

What should I have my LNB type set for? I have it set for universal on 97 and 101is set to single. This seeamed to be the only way I would get channels off of both satellite locations
The SL1 is standard so the setting for both sats should be
SINGLE
LNB freq 10750

I have my DiSEqC switch set to 1.0 and I have 101 committed to 1 and 97 committed to 2. 97 has the 22KHZ on auto and the 101 is off.
22k should be off on both. The diseqc settings would be right

I understand that Autoroll had something to do with getting illegal channels so I have the Echostar and BEV set to off. But there is also and Autoroll in EPG, not sure what that is but left it on.
dont worry about that. Its moot in this case

so any help and knowledge you all can give me would be great. I really want to learn more about these FTA systems, as I want to start watching some of these channels myself.
The dual LNB setup that you posted before for the Glorystar system will work with the 36" dish they sell. The focal points are set for that dish. If you use a different dish it wont be the same. Been there tried that :)
A different dish has different focal points/distances. I took a 4 degree monoblock, which is 2 LNB's in one (think a Dish Network Twin LNB but only 4 degrees apart not 9) designed for a 30"-36" dish and tried it on a Primestar dish (40x30 but the face of the dish is flatter)...It wouldnt work because it was 5+ degress off.

Best thing to do is try and rig up something for that dish to work with 2 LNB"s if you must use that.

Iceberg thank you for the help. I also have been using another Geosatpro dish from a Glorystar system as well. Was having similar problems with the receivers. I will try the settings you have given me and see if this solves my problems.

I am getting a good lock on both sats with my Superbuddy, so it will be intresting to see how well the 1000.4 works compard to the Geosat dish.

Do you have any idea why it would show that I have signal on 103. The receivers show signal on that location on both dishes. At first I thought it might be curvature of the 1000.4 dish.

So I have been playing with this system. I have gotten all the Glorystar channels and a few others that look intresting. The 1000.4 seems to be working just fine at this point.

Now is there a way to get Angle One, Angle2 and EWTN? This would pretty much give me all the religious channels that she could watch. Then I just need to get this packaged with her OTA so that she can understand how to use it.......

EWTN is C-Band only for now, you'd need a dish at least a meter in size for that specific channel. I think the Angels aren't up there on Ku, either.

Angel one is on 119 but don't know about the others. I get it on my DN dish that i use for ION and Nasa. Have a look I am pretty sure that is right.

Angel2 is scrambled on 119
Angel One is in the clear so all you need is a DBS LNB aimed at 119...its been in the clear since the old Sky Angel/Dish agreement

EWTN is on 91 West C-Band...need at least a 1.2m dish to lock it...6 footer would probably be better

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hawaii Channel on 119?

Setting dish up for Pentagon channel

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)