OK this better get my Dish signal....

I used a 1000.2 dish modified with screw elevation modification, and some other mods, from TV4RV.com that was almost as east to aim as a 1000.4 and a bit smaller for storage

Considering what is on 77, is it worth sacrificing the tree or going through the expense and work to move the pole?
No the tree won't come down, altho there is one interfering with my west sats may come down, mostly dead. Putting a new pole in the ground isn't really that much work tho. The tree in my pic is a pear tree and deer like to come and help themselves, nice closeup viewing....

This reminds me of a story...

I got a call from someone at DISH (might have been Charlie) telling me they sent me a present and it would be arriving soon.

I got home from work that day and this huge box was outside my back door of my house, opened it up and inside was a yet to be released SuperDISH.

I went out and got a pole and concrete and put them in the ground.

I was not too satellite installation savvy so called a friend of mine who is a DISH retailer here in CT to come help me set it up, when he heard what it was he was excited and told me he would swing by in the morning. So I went through the box and put together the dish and went out and set it on the pole waiting for his arrival the next morning.

Next morning came and my buddy came with his satellite meter, plugged it in and was amazed... he had signal... he checked all the LNB's and had a great signal on all three. Somehow when I placed it on the pole the night before, I must have set it up just right and it was in perfect alignment!

You had the two of us dancing around the dish like the lord himself just did an amazing miracle in front of us. We probably looked strange to the neighbors dancing around the dish and cheering and laughing.

So then he ran cables from the dish to the switch at the house, we went inside and did a check switch wondering what hidden programming we would see, we were guessing maybe a few test HD feeds or something, after all no one else had one of these dishes, so what harm would they have testing channels there...

Well the check switch finished up and we went through the guide... and found one additional channel we didn't get before. We clicked on it... the screen lit up and said "Congratulations You Have a SuperDISH!"

After the dish aiming miracle we had outside, the air was quickly let out of our tires and I believe that was the only thing I ever watched off the SuperDISH.
Now a days Superdishes are better known as good spots for Wasp Nests

I have a question, now I have switched from the west to the east arc do I need to contact Dish or will the even care? I haven't changed anything with my plan....

So had my east arc setup for a week or so and here's an update. We had around 4" of rain between Tuesday and Thursday and while we had Dish going only lost signal a couple times. So my picture stayed pretty darn steady thru the crappy weather. My wife wasn't happy when I got this setup as she said we don't have SD now as a backup when the HD signal goes. And she is right as my explanation in this thread explains I have a tree most likely messing with 77 where most SD channels are. But I explained to her the signal is much better on these 2 sats 61.5 and 72.2 then it was on the west sats. So when I would lose an HD picture from 129 it would switch to an SD channel on either 110 or 119. Those signals were better but still had a decent amount of fade. So my HD signals on the east are mostly in the low to mid 50's and as I found this week withstand rain fade much better. She is coming around now. I'm hoping when the leaves fall from that tree I may be able to get 77 also. So been very happy with the switch I made with all the help from this forum....

So had my east arc setup for a week or so and here's an update. We had around 4" of rain between Tuesday and Thursday and while we had Dish going only lost signal a couple times. So my picture stayed pretty darn steady thru the crappy weather. My wife wasn't happy when I got this setup as she said we don't have SD now as a backup when the HD signal goes. And she is right as my explanation in this thread explains I have a tree most likely messing with 77 where most SD channels are. But I explained to her the signal is much better on these 2 sats 61.5 and 72.2 then it was on the west sats. So when I would lose an HD picture from 129 it would switch to an SD channel on either 110 or 119. Those signals were better but still had a decent amount of fade. So my HD signals on the east are mostly in the low to mid 50's and as I found this week withstand rain fade much better. She is coming around now. I'm hoping when the leaves fall from that tree I may be able to get 77 also. So been very happy with the switch I made with all the help from this forum....
You're correct about the lower strength not affecting the fact that it's a better signal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)