Okay, I found my southern sat. Now how do I confige the motor?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chipoole

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2005
I read Saduans' installation guide for the motor, I am a little confused.

I am pointing at amc5 60% signal and qaulity.zip is 26149
My Motor is on "0" (middle default)
I have a traxis receiver.
My pole is level, plumb
My line of site is completely clear.(my sat is in a field with the nearest obstruction 400yards away.)

Now, how do I get other satellites with the use of the motor?

Should I be pointed at true south or my southern most sat?

Is there anyway to tell what my furthest eastern and western sats are that I can pick up?maybe I can try calibrating those to insure that I am hitting the arc.

Do the #'s on the motor equal degrees or what? can I use those #'s to figure how close I am to specific sats? gallaxy 10r for example

I was thinking I would be able to move the dish from inside at this point, or must I program in all of the satellites before I can actually use the motor from inside?

I have been reading alot and Suduans' guide for the motor hook up lost me at the point of calibrating the receiver, motor, and arc.

Thanks
Charles Poole

I don't know if I'd be satisfied with 60% signal, quality zip??

Got USALS?

Set the receiver to USALS and have it rotate the motor to your true South sat. After you know you have it pointed at your true South Sat, having peaked the signal by moving the motor on the pole, you should be able to find all the other satellites simply by specifying USALS on the antenna setup for those other sats.

Got USALS?
not sure what that means, but i think the answer is no. I have read my manual for my equipment and there is no mention.

So do I start out with my motor on true south or my southern most sat, amc5(zipcode 26149)?

USALS is a pre-programmed system of satellite locations that your receiver uses to translated your longitude and latitude into both a direction for the common satellites and motor control. After its set up, you simply tell it go to IA5, for instance, and it knows how far to turn the dish.

Real simple,

Does my sat need to be pointed at my true south direction or my southern satellite to start the calibration of the motor?????????????????????

Thanks.
Chipoole

chipoole said:
Real simple,

Does my sat need to be pointed at my true south direction or my southern satellite to start the calibration of the motor?????????????????????

Thanks.
Chipoole

your True South Satellite not due compass south... though it should be ballpark close i believe.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts