old equipment still work with todays dish network?

fyrman1

Original poster
Mar 18, 2012
fredeicksburg va
about a year ago i left dish network to go to comcast cable.....big mistake. i want to go back and want to add two more receivers in the process. My old system was a dish 500 with a 301 and 2800 receivers with gold cards(?) i beleive. they were working when i disconnected them. I purchased them about 12 years ago and own them outright. if i hook these up again and add two more 311 type used receivers should everything work? when i renew my dish subscription of course.

Last I was told by a CSR, they aren't activating any 301's or legacy receivers anymore. I would go with a 322 as your first receiver(hooks up 2 tv's and saves you $7)

is the 322 an easy setup? My house was previously wired for 6 rooms from the dish but never had more than two in play. i was trying to find something about the 322 and all i got was "its difficult due to several coax cables needed".

Where are you? Eastern arc or western arc? If EA you must have ViP or Hopper equipment only.

If you have HDTVs you might come out better with Hopper equipment.

fyrman1 said:
is the 322 an easy setup? My house was previously wired for 6 rooms from the dish but never had more than two in play. i was trying to find something about the 322 and all i got was "its difficult due to several coax cables needed".

I would go with an HD reciever if I were you. The 722k and the Hopper / Joey system are the two best ones.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

another question along these lines is since my house is set up the the six coax cables that go to different rooms, is there a newer version of my 301 that will still work with dish network that controls only one tv and requires only one cable. My house is shaped oddly and every configuration goes thru two walls and one floor. some of the independant sites say that is too much for the 322 to penetrate.

are you looking for HD or SD The 500 will work with the SD recievers using 119 and 110. The LNB will need to swaped out to a DPP+ twn then the install is not hard at all. Each 322 wll feed 2 tvs and they will lease up to 3 recievers.

another question along these lines is since my house is set up the the six coax cables that go to different rooms, is there a newer version of my 301 that will still work with dish network that controls only one tv and requires only one cable. My house is shaped oddly and every configuration goes thru two walls and one floor. some of the independant sites say that is too much for the 322 to penetrate.

Nothing to it, as long as they all come back to one central location..

Some people leave, All come back after having satellite. Cable cost too much,

Anyway, if your going to come back, you'll be considered a new customer or reconnect anyway. It would benefit you to take advantage of all the new things dish has introduced since your last day of service.
The only thing is you may be required to sign a new 24month agreement. But you still get so much for so little. You can take advantage of the Hopper and Joey for free, I think they are offering all premiums for free
right now (For three months of coarse). Although very reliable and very obsolete, Don't try to go back to using that 2800 or 301 though lol, more useful to burn it and dance around it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts