Old Radio Shack catalogs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
In the MicroHD thread we kinda got off topic about some other items and I mentioned old Radio Shack Catalogs

well there is a website that has them :) I've posted the link before but here it is again

Radio Shack Catalogs

has a bunch of old catalogs, ads, specials etc

When I look back at some of those prices I wonder how people were able to afford it. A quality stereo was $500 to $1000 in the late 70s yet the average wage was less than $8 per hour.

These old catalogs make great shopping lists for the summer yard sales :cool:

My first computer was from the 1987 catalog, Tandy 1000 SX $1199, It really wasn't much of a computer compared to todays PC's. Thanks for posting the link Iceberg.

I have a few CASES of old satellite magazines and manuals and would love to send them to someone who could digitize them and post them here.

We're working on doing the same thing with TV Guide. It's going to take some time. Between myself and another guy know we have many of them.

I sold some of those computers when I worked there 93-97 ;)

I worked there from about 84-88. Boy, just think...Hi-res! Double Density! Double sided! 64K RAM, WOW, 640K RAM!

A 1 MB HDD, like $1500! 300 baud! Yeah buddy, we was kickin' some butt back then! 1987 was the first time I seen a virus from the SCA (Swiss Crackers Association) on the Amiga computer. A few months later it got into the government computers and shut down thousands.

Anyway, I wish I had my old computers. Cool site, gotta show my friends and the kids!

Those catalogs remind me of the hay day of RadioShack. Back when the Pro2006 was king, cellphones were not main stream, and tone dialers could be used to have fun with Ma Bell.

Now smartphones are king and Ma Bell has turned into GrandMa Bell and slipping slowly into senility. Speaking of tone dialers, you can still buy them, check it out... Sad part is a tone dialer is still more expensive than a touch tone phone at wal-mart. Isn't that something.

Tone Dialer - Oldphoneworks

Just was browsing the 1983 catalog and noticed that CB radios haven't changed in price much, now that is interesting.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts