Old Voom Receiver??

bigec2002

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 17, 2005
Does anyone know of any use for the old motorola dsr 550 Voom receiver other than as an OTA receiver for off air HD broadcasts for local channels?? Thanks.

Doctor Bob said:
In 50 years, it will be an Antique, and it will also be worth a lot of money... LOL

Of course, as you mentioned, it is a HD Off Air Converter, so why not put it to use...

so doc,

im FINALLY down to my last dozen used ones and have 3 sealed twin units, ,,,, question ,,,,in 20 years can i retire off of these units?:rolleyes: LOL

my garbage man is tired of compacting this junk!

:devil:

There are several companies, that can work on that receiver, to allow it to utilize the HD Conversion for Off Air use...

LOL, you'll have to wait 49 years Bob...

Catch you after the Nissan Open!!!

dragon002 said:
so doc,

im FINALLY down to my last dozen used ones and have 3 sealed twin units, ,,,, question ,,,,in 20 years can i retire off of these units?:rolleyes: LOL

my garbage man is tired of compacting this junk!

:devil:

I have a OLD 15 inch metal record REGINA music box my grandpa bought before I was born, and it was used then. grandma told me he paid 100 bucks, and said it would be worth big bucks someday. with a suitcase full of records too

20 years ago a auctionier friend, said it was worth 2 grand, today they are selling for 4 or 5 thousand.

It still works great, which is more than we can say for your never activated voom boxes

I remember somebody offering me a pick up truckload of TRS 80 computers for FREE.

Recently someone said they are selling for $250 as collectors items.

wonder how hard it would be to figure out how to ewnable OTA operation on your boxes?

Last edited: