older channel master dish and lnb

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cdromce

Original poster
Sep 29, 2008
hi guys i have a question or two i am hoping you can help me with , i have been out of the sat loop for a while ie: 6ft dish ages ago, i have picked up for free an old 36inch dish with the older three point bracing for the lbn and a lbn that says channel master on it, i am wondering if it will work for me to set up a starter sat system as in adding a receiver or receiver and new lbn,or i have been looking at a orion dvb2500 sat system what are your opinions, i would like to pick up 110W & 119W
so what do you guys think.

Think you're going to be disappointed trying to pick up pay tv with that setup. There aren't any worthwhile free channels on the dishnet satellites, preview channels and NASA tv's one channel. Rest is scrambled, and available thru subscription(legally). We don't talk hacking here.
The dish/lnb you have is probably fine for true free to air from the linear ku satellites. Sounds like an old primestar dish which a lot of us do use.

really new to this again seems things have changed as far as what is available anymore then 7-8 years ago when i had my old monster dish, i have been reading the forums, what are you guys using this type of setup for, and where can i find some info on this lbn ie: how to set it up make sure it is in correct position ,do they have part numbers or info inside the case ??? or on the net thanks for the info

That dish should work well for FTA from any Ku satellite (G-25, G-18, etc.), but will possibly only receive one polarity (it depends on what LNB/feedhorn/waveguide is installed). If you can, post some pictures.

As stated above, it will not receive signal from pay service satellites (that would be a waste of that dish anyway, since the only clear channels on 119w worth viewing are NASA and Angel One).

thanks for the info guys will try to post some pics of it , i did find a manual on here for the channel master dish and it is exactly like the one i have right down to the lbn, thanks that is about a thousand percent help i needed to get started again , now to find a good cheap starter receiver:)

thanks for the info guys will try to post some pics of it , i did find a manual on here for the channel master dish and it is exactly like the one i have right down to the lbn, thanks that is about a thousand percent help i needed to get started again , now to find a good cheap starter receiver:)
I believe you have the same dish I do. As Tron stated , the LNB is single polarity but will get both H & V by turning it 90 degrees. I have replaced mine with a Hughes C120 to get both without turning. I am using it with a Visionsat IV200 and have good results so far.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts