Older RCA 435 receivers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
I have a friend that has had D* for a year or so, (they have not had any problems) I have a question about it that I could not find an answer to in the manual.

I would like to hook thier OTA antenna up to it and have them pick up the OTA thru it, but I do not know if it has a analog tuner in it.
I need to know for sure before I start to tear thier set up apart and find out that it does'nt.
Currently, we turn the D* reciever off and use a VCR (remember them) for the analog tuner. I am essentially trying to add a DVD player to it, but the TV is an OLD Curtis Mathis with a very good picture (probably 20 years old) also, I cannot get the D* remote to work the CM TV.

Yes it's that old that the programmable remotes wont work it. For some reason it works for like an hour and then doesn't.

IF I can get the OTA thing working with the receiver we can do away with the VCR.

Jimbo

No, there are no analog OTA tuners on any D* SD receivers. All they do for off air channels is to pass the OTA signal through the RF output to the TV. If you have an older HD receiver with an RF output, it MIGHT have an analog tuner, but that would be the only option I can think of.

Newshawk said:
No, there are no analog OTA tuners on any D* SD receivers. All they do for off air channels is to pass the OTA signal through the RF output to the TV. If you have an older HD receiver with an RF output, it MIGHT have an analog tuner, but that would be the only option I can think of.
Thats kind of what I was thinking....
In this senario, we would have to use the TV tuner, Is that correct ?
If so, we won't be doing that, as it is a old turn dial tuner.......

Thanks,
Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts