Older Rotor with CM9537 Controller Unit

Mark2074

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 3, 2004
Toronto, ON
I bought a CM9537 unit last month to replace a faulty manual control unit made by RS. I have found that when the CM9537 does a re-sync it will go to 0 Degrees (pointing the antenna North) then return it to the pervious position. Then I press in 360 degrees and the rotor does not do a full turn to north (the other direction). I don't understand it. With the manual dialed control unit the antenna would go the full 360 degrees (north to north). But with the CM9537 the antenna stops at about 10 o'clock. Unfortantely, with the CM controller unit I cannot continue it further. Once it is on 360 it don't go no higher! It wouldn't be such a big deal, but there is an anolog channel at 320 degrees and I am not able to optimize the antenna to receive it.

BTW I have a Channel Master CM 3678 Ultra Hi-Crossfire TV Antenna on a 50' tower. Since we are close to the dead of winter here in Toronto, no one is willing to come out to check it for me until it gets warmer. (fat chance! :mad: )

Any suggestion?

I had the same one installed recently in much warmer Nashville area. Except it was called a 9521A rotor and came with a 9537A remote. Installer had similar problem not getting it to rotate from 0 degrees north clockwise a full 360 degrees. Mine would only rotate to 8 o'clock.

He had to realign it correctly by doing the following:
(1) press 180 degrees in the remote
(2) realign the dot and the arrow on the 2 parts of the rotor to touch each other
(3) physically, manually on top of your tower, keep the dot and the arrow lined up and turn the whole rotor to face 180 degrees due south
(4) turn your antenna pole above the rotor to face due south
(5) tighten down all the bolts
(6) press the sync button to verify it goes counterclockwise back to 0 degrees and then returns to 180
(6) press the 320 on your remote and see if it rotates clockwise to the correct location

Also I prefer to use one universal remote for TV, sat, DVD, and the rotor. The Pioneer cable box remote code worked fine on my universal remote.

Good Luck !

http://www.starkelectronic.com/rotor.htm

Last edited:
Thanks JH1949

I thought as much. Some how when is ceased, the rotor must have mis-aligned itself. As I mentioned before, I have contacted an installer to fix and/or replace the rotor, but because of the cold snowy weather we have had here in Toronto, they will not come out. It may have to wait until the spring. The stupid part of it is that I had to wait until the temperature got colder to find out I had a problem. Funny thing is, if I called a satellite installer to fix my dish, I would get a speeder response. For an antenna, it can wait. It figures, my luck. I'd figured that for the $250 I was quoted that they would jump at the chance to make money.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)