Olympics on Directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ejb1980

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
Vermont
I have not had Directv during the Olympics before. Are there dedicated channels or a mix channel for the events? Will Directv be carrying the exclusive basketball/soccer channels? Will they open up NBCe/w for the better picture since the locals can be subject to constraints of the local broadcaster?

On channels 750, 751 and 752 they have OLY as there 3 letter key. Appears on 751 it will be Soccer Group G, USA vs France on 7/25 from 12-2:15 PM est and on 753 it will be Womens Basketball, China vs. Czech at 4-6 AM est on 7/28. 750 is Sports Mix on 7/25 at 12-8:30 PM est.

Thanks. Will all customers be able to watch Telemundo? I see that it will be in the mix channel, but will customers without access to the 119 satellite be able to watch it full screen?

On channels 750, 751 and 752 they have OLY as there 3 letter key. Appears on 751 it will be Soccer Group G, USA vs France on 7/25 from 12-2:15 PM est and on 753 it will be Womens Basketball, China vs. Czech at 4-6 AM est on 7/28. 750 is Sports Mix on 7/25 at 12-8:30 PM est.

from what I have read 751 is mainly the "soccer" channel and 752 is mainly basketball

Does anyone know what Olympic events will be shown on n3d? It seems that the Olympic opening ceremony comes on Friday @1:30 a.m. What I don't understand that the info on that says format of standard definition. I scrolled through the guide and the opening ceremony is showing again on Saturday morning @ 5am and has the 3D icon displayed and the format says SD, HD, and 3D?? I thought that everything on n3d was 3D? Does anyone know what the deal is with that?? Thanks in advance!

Pretty much a 24 hour delay on anything in 3D. They will show selected events since they can't show everything with just one channel.

Thanks yeah I called them. It's pretty annoying to have shows on the guide but nothing actually plays. Oh well.. I guess I can always do a 3D conversion on NBC.

Directv is using 701-704 or 705 for Olympic stuff too...maybe just remap the channels carrying it (Bravo, CNBC, NBCSports Net etc)?

Here what my guide is showing currently.

Attachments

• directv.jpg
    directv.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 456
Woke up this morning and turned on my HR24 and went to the 3D channel to set timers for the Opening Cermonies on the 3D channel and for some strange reason all the 3D channels were greyed out. I could select them and watch them fine.

When I clicked on them to setup the recording its said my receiver was not authorized to record those channels. (huh?!)

So I rebooted the box and was able to set a timer for tomorrow mornings 5AM opening ceremony broadcast! :)

Woke up this morning and turned on my HR24 and went to the 3D channel to set timers for the Opening Cermonies on the 3D channel and for some strange reason all the 3D channels were greyed out. I could select them and watch them fine.

When I clicked on them to setup the recording its said my receiver was not authorized to record those channels. (huh?!)

So I rebooted the box and was able to set a timer for tomorrow mornings 5AM opening ceremony broadcast! :)
Sometimes I have to reboot my TV to watch them ...

603 seems to be Olympics central. Press the red button and you get a directory of summer games to be televised on this and other channels. Guide also allows you to search by "on today", browse by sport, medal count and Team USA Update. You also get the record button when you are in the guide.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)