OMG David Letterman..

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
You're just so desperately trying to make yourself a straw man in this argument, give it up and stick to discussing the topic, please.

Nobody has said what he did was 'right', give me a break. He's just not some evil boss who whored out his staff, he had relationships in addition to the one he had with his girlfriend who he then later married. You don't just rampantly do everyone on your staff and get away with it, there'd have been much more commotion than someone coming forward 19 years after the fact.
You need to read the Vanity Fair Article.

I have, it's more a diatribe on gender inequality than anything about Letterman, that's just the appetizer like Texas Roadhouse rolls w/ cinnamon butter to get you in the door to read the rest of it (though those steaks are damn good too).

I have, it's more a diatribe on gender inequality than anything about Letterman, that's just the appetizer like Texas Roadhouse rolls w/ cinnamon butter to get you in the door to read the rest of it (though those steaks are damn good too).

But the fact is what it is. It's what women have fought against for years. Letterman hasn't denied any of this. And he won't because he knows it's true.

I just listened to an interview with her on NPR's Fresh Air.

Although she does make the point about being uncomfortable there and also that she felt that others were favored for sexual favors, she went on to make other significant points.

At least Letterman gave the opportunity for female writers. She said she was never pressured to have a sexual relationship or any overt harrassment.

She went on to give examples of Jon Stewart accepting his writing emmy and talking about diversity in writing staff while being surrounded by 20 white male writers.

The new Leno show is exclusively written by a staff of white males. She stated that the loss of the 10PM drama in that timeslot threw a fair number of female and minority writers out of work.

She gave several other examples of talk shows with exclusively white male writing staffs. Conan was one I recall.

This does make it more difficult to make your case that Dave's cavorting made it tougher for a female to succeed in the field.

I just listened to an interview with her on NPR's Fresh Air.

Although she does make the point about being uncomfortable there and also that she felt that others were favored for sexual favors, she went on to make other significant points.

At least Letterman gave the opportunity for female writers. She said she was never pressured to have a sexual relationship or any overt harrassment.

She went on to give examples of Jon Stewart accepting his writing emmy and talking about diversity in writing staff while being surrounded by 20 white male writers.

The new Leno show is exclusively written by a staff of white males. She stated that the loss of the 10PM drama in that timeslot threw a fair number of female and minority writers out of work.

She gave several other examples of talk shows with exclusively white male writing staffs. Conan was one I recall.

This does make it more difficult to make your case that Dave's cavorting made it tougher for a female to succeed in the field.

So you believe that the women who slept with Dave didn't get any kind of special treatment? Give me a break. They had someone the Today Show this morning talking about this. They said one kind of Sexual Harassment is when the boss tells you to sleep with him or you're fired. The other is when you sleep with him and he makes it uncomfortable for the other workers. That's what Nell Scovell said. Sorry, but I live in the real world and I know what goes on. It's sad because many times it's never reported.

You know what goes on via generalizations, that's not what's being discussed here, which is David Letterman.

All Nell Scovell is doign is using this is an opportunity to become an activist for women's rights, the Letterman issue is just her shoehorn into the spotlight for someone to give her a mic about it.

You know what goes on via generalizations, that's not what's being discussed here, which is David Letterman.

All Nell Scovell is doign is using this is an opportunity to become an activist for women's rights, the Letterman issue is just her shoehorn into the spotlight for someone to give her a mic about it.
Could be , but she's not telling lies about what happened back then. I for one applaud her for bringing it out .

Sorry but I believe Nell Scovell. She was a eye witness to the events. I'm surprised how many of you defend Letterman, a man that lied to his wife and kept it from other people as well. I'm not asking anyone here to not to defend Letterman. I just don't believe him . He's hiding more.

I don't know if you are married, but if you are, did you discuss every relationship with other women before you married your wife (or have you told your girlfriend about all previous relationships)? You seem to be demanding the same from Letterman. These "affairs" or office romances were BEFORE he got married.

And why would he be required to tell anyone else about his private relationships?

I don't know if you are married, but if you are, did you discuss every relationship with other women before you married your wife (or have you told your girlfriend about all previous relationships)? You seem to be demanding the same from Letterman. These "affairs" or office romances were BEFORE he got married.

And why would he be required to tell anyone else about his private relationships?

While I was dating my wife I didn't date other women. I believe Letterman was keeping his affairs secret from his future wife and I believe his girlfriend and future wife thought he was being a faithful boyfriend. That's why Letterman said she was hurt when she found out about it. His wife was his steady girl for some time before they got married. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
While I was dating my wife I didn't date other women. I believe Letterman was keeping his affairs secret from hit future wife and I believe his girlfriend and future wife thought he was being a faithful boyfriend. That's why Letterman said she was hurt when she found out about it. His wife was his steady girl for some time before they got married. Correct me if I'm wrong.
You are correct...

Yes I did. And the producer of the show should have told the audience before that Letterman was going to talk about a serious issue.

I agree but in fairness I don't think that anyone other than Letterman really knew what was going on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)