OMG David Letterman..

Voice our opinions to CBS, that's your right.
After reading the article in the Daily News, Holly sure didn't sound bitter at all.

Holly Hester told TMZ.com. "I would have married him. He was hilarious."

A year-long, secret romance ensued, she said, until the funnyman called it off because of their age difference.

Stephanie Birkitt hasn't come forward yet, but having your law school paid for by Letterman sure seems generous.
I'm not a Letterman fan and don't think it's right, however it seems the people he's had relationships with aren't hurting because they know him.
But again, The work place . Letterman messing with girls young and star struck.

My feeling about this were the OTHER women. Did they know he was even going to talk about it in the first place?? Yet, even a better question. Did ther know about each other?;)

The problem most people have with what Letterman did is the age of the girls. Young. Real young. And from what he said last night it looks like his wife didn't know anything about it. It really is good advice not to date women at the work place.

Unfortunately that's true...some people will always abuse power, ignore boundaries due to selfish interests, and exibit bad behavior because nobody is watching. It's all a matter of character or lack thereof. Of course, who's the bigger scumbag...Letterman or the douch trying to extort 2 million dollars from him?
Letterman. His actions destroy the legimacy of the entire supervisor/employee relationship. EVERYONE under him can now claim that he had favoritism towards emplyees in bed with him. EVERYONE in bed with him can claim they feared for their jobs if they did not sleep with him. That is why is it sexual harrassment and a hostile work place by definition, IMO and he should he fired. It should be automatic no questions asked. But we are talking CBS here and the boss there married some news chic he was hosing. Apparently its like a Roman orgy there. :rolleyes:

Wrong. The problem is that he slept with employees no matter their age.

I guess I find it more if a creepy thing because of the age difference. So far we haven't seen anyone close to his own age. I've always thought Letterman was some what of a strange man before this came out .

Apparently from the comments above the girls had no mind of their own and are being treated like minors or something.

There's no rush to press charges or something here, it was consensual and he wasn't married yet. He was basically cheating on his girlfriend though prior to marrying her, and slept with coworkers. No crimes committed other than the extortion.

I'm surprised the defendant's lawyer is doing interviews and stuff before even hearing what the prosecution has on his client (he hasnt listened to the recordings made during the Letterman's last couple interactions with his extortionist). He's saying that his client didn't have the intent to go through with the blackmail... despite trying to cash a $2m phony check.

Since Letterman essentially owns the show, he faces 2 possible risks:

1. CBS drops the show, well as long as he has good ratings, they will probably keep the show going.

2. He is sued for everything he owns. This is the real risk, there could suddenly be a bunch of sexual harrassment suits. He is the owner of World Wide Pants, he has everything on the line.

Q: Is there a statute of limitations for filing a sexual harassment claim?

A: If the claim is brought under federal law (Title VII), you must file a complaint with the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission ("EEOC") within 300 days after the unlawful act. State laws may vary.

Everything that happened is too old, unless there's more that hasn't been disclosed, which is unlikely given how upfront this has all been, and how supportive those who have commented and people are painting as victims have been.

Sure looks like his wife didn't know about it. And it sounds like he kept if from her. I wonder how long his marriage will last. Letterman's Ego has been out of control for years.

Since Letterman essentially owns the show, he faces 2 possible risks:

1. CBS drops the show, well as long as he has good ratings, they will probably keep the show going.

2. He is sued for everything he owns. This is the real risk, there could suddenly be a bunch of sexual harrassment suits. He is the owner of World Wide Pants, he has everything on the line.

Don't you think they would have already done that if they wanted to? Why now? Just because it's public?

Craig Ferguson's first show back since this happened was hilarious. He was tiptoeing the line all night, feigning fear of being fired for making jokes about his boss.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBcKLNDZQ44"]YouTube - Craig Ferguson 10/5/9A Late Late Show beginning[/ame]

Don't you think they would have already done that if they wanted to? Why now? Just because it's public?

When news goes public people feel it is ok to come forward. Before they may have believed that it would be a he said she said situation and not want to go through a messy trail. Now that it has been publicly admitted, it would be a lot easier to prove your case.

When news goes public people feel it is ok to come forward. Before they may have believed that it would be a he said she said situation and not want to go through a messy trail. Now that it has been publicly admitted, it would be a lot easier to prove your case.

Except that the one that's talked to the media has said 'he's awesome i'd marry him'. All this litigation speculation is a pipe dream of drama queens and sexy headline seekers so far.

CBS policy is that if you engage in a relationship with a subordinate you have to inform the brass.

Dave is not a CBS employee... he's a World Wide Pants employee, which has no such clause in their policy (yeah i know, how convenient, whatever, as if he want and had it amended forever ago to protect himself, put the tinfoil hat away).

The only legit gripe I see with this whole thing (ignoring the extortion attempt) is Dave's lampooning of Spitzer and some others who engaged in extra marital stuff while this was going on.... but Dave wasn't married.

The National Organization for Women is criticizing David Letterman for creating "a toxic environment" on CBS' "The Late Show With David Letterman."
NOW called on CBS " to take action immediately to rectify" the toxic situation at "Late Show," but added, "With just two women on CBS' board of directors, we're not holding our breath
Source & More: thewrap.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts