On Demand downloads freeze

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tspenard

Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
USA
Hi,

I have a fairly recent install with HR24-200 receiver. The installer gave me two powerstrip ethernet kits for free so I hooked it up and got On Demand working for the most part.

Two times now I've checked off a few programs to download and come back later to see that one of these programs is "recording" according to the icon, and the progress bar appears to be at 0%. If there are any other programs that havent downloaded yet, they remain "pending". The system seems to get locked up on one particular program and won't get past that point.

The first time this happened I did a series of deletes and restarted the system and got the stalled program to continue, but I didn't really pay attention to what I had done.

This time I am paying more attention, and there is definitely no option to delete the stalled program. I have deleted everything else I checked off during the original "batch" recording request, and reset the receiver, but I can't get this program to start again nor delete it.

Any tips? Thanks!

Bump. Maybe someone familiar with this situation didn't see the original post a few days ago. Thanks!

Hi,

I have a fairly recent install with HR24-200 receiver. The installer gave me two powerstrip ethernet kits for free so I hooked it up and got On Demand working for the most part.

Two times now I've checked off a few programs to download and come back later to see that one of these programs is "recording" according to the icon, and the progress bar appears to be at 0%. If there are any other programs that havent downloaded yet, they remain "pending". The system seems to get locked up on one particular program and won't get past that point.

The first time this happened I did a series of deletes and restarted the system and got the stalled program to continue, but I didn't really pay attention to what I had done.

This time I am paying more attention, and there is definitely no option to delete the stalled program. I have deleted everything else I checked off during the original "batch" recording request, and reset the receiver, but I can't get this program to start again nor delete it.

Any tips? Thanks!

do you have the ethernet plugged directly in to the back of the hr24? if so, dont. that confuses the receiver. you would need a broadband deca or a receiver deca to properly use your on demand. can you give me all the equipment on your system, including the dish? then i can help you better

do you have the ethernet plugged directly in to the back of the hr24? if so, dont. that confuses the receiver. you would need a broadband deca or a receiver deca to properly use your on demand. can you give me all the equipment on your system, including the dish? then i can help you better

Not sure what a deca is. One powerstrip PoE is cat5 cabled to the back of the HR24 and another powerstrip PoE is cat5 cabled to my router. I can't find my dish contract paperwork but the dish is a fairly new design; the installer took down a 5 LNB sidecab and put up this oval dish that only has one "receiver" or whatever the round eye is called. He said it was the next gen dish for all encompassing HD reception. HTH.

I should say upon rereading my post it may seem like On Demand never works; I didn't mean to imply that but in trying to keep the question simple it may have come across that way. On Demand has in fact worked most of the time, except it seems that if I check off a bunch of programs (5-10) that this happens. At any rate, this time I am stuck because the one remaining program which hasn't started is still stuck at 0%, so new requests will just remain "pending" no matter what I've tried so far.

[pause to try more things before hitting send] Just went back and reset the HR24 again, trying to simulate first success, and in playlist I see that the red remote button functions as delete for whatever is highlighted. I specifically looked there before the original post but somehow missed it or the software was corrupted. Anyway, I can now easily delete the frozen program. I DLed a couple different programs and they started loading, albeit slowly. I then tried DLing the same problem program as before and it stalls at 0% again. Guess some programs just won't DL for whatever reason.

Sorry about wasting space here with the lame question. I will be changing my home internet settings soon to get better connectivity all around, and at that time wipe the HR24 network settings and start over. Maybe the static IP and/or a firewall setting is not allowing all or full speed communication. For now it works OK and is really a free bonus so I can't complain. Again, thanks for replying.

how about just posting a few photos?

my MRV and VoD works flawlessly all the time unless my internet is down which is rare

DECA stands for "DirecTV Ethernet to Coax Adapter". A DECA is designed to integrate your internet into the coax cable so that you can get your on demand and download programs properly. Your HR-24 has a built in DECA that gets confused when you plug a cat5 cable into the ethernet port. If I were you, I would call DirecTV for a service call to add a DECA at your router so that your downloads will go faster and you will regain full functionality of your receiver.

DECA stands for "DirecTV Ethernet to Coax Adapter". A DECA is designed to integrate your internet into the coax cable so that you can get your on demand and download programs properly. Your HR-24 has a built in DECA that gets confused when you plug a cat5 cable into the ethernet port. If I were you, I would call DirecTV for a service call to add a DECA at your router so that your downloads will go faster and you will regain full functionality of your receiver.

Thanks odom, I will investigate that if the freezing issue isnt resolved with my internet settings changes. I also have the option to direct cable in from the lower level router, but I had already hooked up the PoE kit out of curiosiity and it worked OK for the most part.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Aiming around power lines?

Capabilities

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts