on demand help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

walterd

Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
AZ
I want to start using my on demand. running a cat5 from my office to tv room is not an option. (cause of the wife) i want to use wireless but directv wants $80 plus tax for the connection kit. is there a cheaper way? or do i have to use their kit?

If you already have a wireless router, you can get a wireless gaming adapter and connect it to the DVR unit. They are around $60 I believe. That will allow the DVR to see your router and therefore connect to the internet and D* servers.

For what they have on VOD it is not worth a "Dime" . It is all old junk movies or PPV movies. We disabled ours after looking at all the junk on there.

I want to start using my on demand. running a cat5 from my office to tv room is not an option. (cause of the wife) i want to use wireless but directv wants $80 plus tax for the connection kit. is there a cheaper way? or do i have to use their kit?
In today's economy, I think if you mention the cost of wireless equipment versus running another cat5 cable to the wife, she might change her mind. :).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts