on demand help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

walterd

Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
AZ
I want to start using my on demand. running a cat5 from my office to tv room is not an option. (cause of the wife) i want to use wireless but directv wants $80 plus tax for the connection kit. is there a cheaper way? or do i have to use their kit?

If you already have a wireless router, you can get a wireless gaming adapter and connect it to the DVR unit. They are around $60 I believe. That will allow the DVR to see your router and therefore connect to the internet and D* servers.

For what they have on VOD it is not worth a "Dime" . It is all old junk movies or PPV movies. We disabled ours after looking at all the junk on there.

I want to start using my on demand. running a cat5 from my office to tv room is not an option. (cause of the wife) i want to use wireless but directv wants $80 plus tax for the connection kit. is there a cheaper way? or do i have to use their kit?
In today's economy, I think if you mention the cost of wireless equipment versus running another cat5 cable to the wife, she might change her mind. :).

Status
Please reply by conversation.