On Demand issues this past weekend

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

olds403

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 3, 2009
michigan
I was previously having issues with my Hopper with Sling and wireless Joey setup, this has for the most part calmed down and been issue free for about 6 weeks. This past weekend the wife was bingeing on demand programming (60 Days In) and had numerous issues getting episodes to stream.

Normally once the current episode is done, I click stop and go to the next episode. When selecting the next episode, the dropdown would show "watch", but you could not select it at all. I ended up getting out of the episodes altogether, going back in through the OnDemand menu icon on the menu page, then selecting the episode there to get it to start. There were also times that it would show the downloading dialog box in the center of the screen while the episode was running in the back ground. There were also several instances of starting an episode and it would show a black screen, only after stopping the episode and going back in through the OnDemand menu would the episode play normally.

This was viewing both on the Hopper itself in the living room or on the wireless Joey in the master bedroom. Just had the Hopper with Sling replaced in December and they installed a Snap at that time.

I was previously having issues with my Hopper with Sling and wireless Joey setup, this has for the most part calmed down and been issue free for about 6 weeks. This past weekend the wife was bingeing on demand programming (60 Days In) and had numerous issues getting episodes to stream.

Normally once the current episode is done, I click stop and go to the next episode. When selecting the next episode, the dropdown would show "watch", but you could not select it at all. I ended up getting out of the episodes altogether, going back in through the OnDemand menu icon on the menu page, then selecting the episode there to get it to start. There were also times that it would show the downloading dialog box in the center of the screen while the episode was running in the back ground. There were also several instances of starting an episode and it would show a black screen, only after stopping the episode and going back in through the OnDemand menu would the episode play normally.

This was viewing both on the Hopper itself in the living room or on the wireless Joey in the master bedroom. Just had the Hopper with Sling replaced in December and they installed a Snap at that time.
I've seen reports on the portal that the techs use of this same thing with On-Demand. No one has posted a fix for it yet

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)