One button recording "to do" list

Status
Please reply by conversation.

MVPinBoynton

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 20, 2013
Boynton Beach, FL
I love my Genie and DirecTV; but the main minor frustration I have is that it takes 3 steps to see what shows are scheduled to record. I like to check to make sure what shows are recording each night to make sure that they have been programmed or that they haven't been cancelled due to too many recordings at once. It would be nice to have a one button feature for this or to have a way to set up a macro in the iPhone/iPad app to create a one button feature.

I didn't complain about the amount of energy it took. I merely made a statement that it would be nice to have a one button way to do it. If I wanted to save energy, I wouldn't have made the post or replied to your comment.

I've been asking for this (as well as other people) for a long time now. Sounds like it would be a real simple programming thing that could be setup in under a day. A press of LIST LIST should do the trick.

If they want to spend more time on it, full integration of DVR MANAGEMENT via the iPad or directv.com would be icing on the cake. I wouldn't mind checking the to do list or reordering priorites, etc... through my iPad. Then I'm not interrupting whatever other people are watching on the TV.

I would suggest a Harmony macro, but my Harmony is in my man cave which is just an H24. It accesses and sets DVR recordings thanks to Multi-Room... but it cannot "manage" them. Multi-room is great, but a little short-sighted. There is no way for my H24 to access series priorities or To Do list of my HR24 in the living room. I find that kind of odd because with 240mbps connection via DECA across the coax... it should be able to talk to the HR24 and get / set all of that information.

There's used to be a simple menu before the HD interface was developed, where it would show the TDL with a much easier two button press, But my way around it would be to go to the TDL then if I exit out, all I do is hit the left/previous button then i'm right back to it, I know it sounds inconvenient but there's no other shortcut way

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

They could make the TDL one of the colored buttons on the remote.
I use the Red and the Blue buttons regularly, don't remember what the Green and Yellow do, I use them so much ...

edit:
watching TV, the Yellow button just brought up the Info screen for some reason, why would we have 2 Info buttons ?

The Green button didn't do anything.

Yellow used to bring up an options screen including closed captioning. When they redesigned it and moved CC, their bright idea was to have the yellow button pop the Info banner, but not activate the CC option. So now, it essentially operates like another Info button.

They could make the TDL one of the colored buttons on the remote.
I use the Red and the Blue buttons regularly, don't remember what the Green and Yellow do, I use them so much ...

edit:
watching TV, the Yellow button just brought up the Info screen for some reason, why would we have 2 Info buttons ?

The Green button didn't do anything.

That would be a great idea. It's unfortunate that DirecTV is doing away with the colored buttons. I'd love to see a shortcut to your "To Do" list from "My Playlist". That would make it only two button pushes to get to your "To Do" list instead of the current seven button pushes it takes now.

That would be a great idea. It's unfortunate that DirecTV is doing away with the colored buttons. I'd love to see a shortcut to your "To Do" list from "My Playlist". That would make it only two button pushes to get to your "To Do" list instead of the current seven button pushes it takes now.

7 ?
I presume your being sarcastic ...

IF, I have to use the "NEW" remotes for anything, anytime soon, I will have to break down and finally buy a Universal remote ... really don't want a SMALLER remote that doesn't do as much as the current ones.

As for doing away with the Colored buttons .... without, how would you get to the "Mini Guide", or the SCOREGuide ?

7 ?
As for doing away with the Colored buttons .... without, how would you get to the "Mini Guide", or the SCOREGuide ?
The ENTER button brings up the mini-guide, so you have to use that on the new RC71 remotes.
The RC71 remotes kept only one of the four colored buttons. The red button is still there for SCOREGUIDE.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)