One change you'd make to the D* receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
A) OTA Tuner that doesn't use up one of the available tuners (AM21 adding a tuner)
B) EHD usable at the same time as the internal HD and swapable to other receivers

I was also going to say: Multiple video outputs hot at the same time: HDMI + Component.
But since I can do Directv2PC, it isn't really that needed. (That is unless it can be done already, please let me know if so).

I was also going to say: Multiple video outputs hot at the same time: HDMI + Component.
But since I can do Directv2PC, it isn't really that needed. (That is unless it can be done already, please let me know if so).

Yes, all the outputs are active on the H/HR series recvrs.

A)

Yep, you have that now. All outputs are hot at the same time.

So I can hook up on one HR24 the following and have them all play the same video at the same time?
1) Component to my HDTV + digital audio
2) HDMI to my computer monitor
3) Composite to my SDTV + red/white RCA stereo audio

I hadn't tried it yet since I was sent an extra receiver, and the Directv2PC worked right off the bat. (Don't mean to hijack the thread with this, but just wanted to check.) I'm guessing the same with audio too

So I can hook up on one HR24 the following and have them all play the same video at the same time?
1) Component to my HDTV + digital audio
2) HDMI to my computer monitor
3) Composite to my SDTV + red/white RCA stereo audio

I hadn't tried it yet since I was sent an extra receiver, and the Directv2PC worked right off the bat. (Don't mean to hijack the thread with this, but just wanted to check.) I'm guessing the same with audio too

Yes :)

I would like them to make it so that you can do the VOD for your LOCAL channels as well.

This way if I MISS a show, I can go into the VOD and pull it up.

Currently they don't do that for the locals, I would imagine there would be other contracts to deal with at that point.

And I also only need one port if I directly plug my DVR into my router as well. So WiFi will allow me to free up a port

I guess what I'm trying to say is that this feature might not be cost effective for Directv and we all know the cost will be passed to the customers. This feature will increase the cost of the receivers so a few people can save one port on their router? I just don't think it's worthy and I don't see the logic. Eventually in the future, I'm sure that this feature will be on all receivers but right now I just don't see it happening.

I would make it so that any of the boxes that are networked to an HD DVR via MRV can see and adjust the recording schedule.

My wireless bridge for my HR24 is still messing up so first would be add it back in the receiver where I dont need this damn thing.

Second, I agree with Scott, PIP

And third, id like to customize more like to change the colors in the banners, guide, etc.

Customizing the banner colors would be nice, so not everyones looked the same (color wise), this also was done in older generations of D* recvrs, these were the ones that were out BEFORE D* Branded all thier recvrs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)