one dvr with 2 tvs, remotes question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

lemmerdeur

Original poster
Sep 17, 2010
sonora, mexico
I have a DVR R15 connected to 2 TVs (one in the bedroom and one in the kitchen) The receiver is controlled by 2 RF remotes. The remote in the bedroom is programmed to control the DVR and the TV. The remote in the kitchen operate the DVR and is not programmed for any TV. Could I program it to operate the TV in the kitchen and leave the other remote to operate the second TV? Both remote are in RF mode.

Yes. You need to go into the setup menu and program the remote for the TV it will be used with. It uses RF for the DVRs but IR for the TVs, so there will not be any conflict.

The TV in the kitchen is far away from the receiver so is there a way to program it directly with the TV without going through the receiver?

Yes. You need to go into the setup menu and program the remote for the TV it will be used with. It uses RF for the DVRs but IR for the TVs, so there will not be any conflict.

The TV in the kitchen is far away from the receiver so is there a way to program it directly with the TV without going through the receiver?

White down the codes from the receiver menu, take the remote to the tv, and do the following:

1. tv
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release
3. enter the tv code

Switch the slider to TV mode

Press and hold select and mute untill the tv led blinks twice

type in 991
then 1

then hit the channel up button untill the tv turns off

then press select.

First I want to thank you all for the help.
Both remote are working fine for the dvr and the TVs.
The RC65RB (closest from the receiver and TV and first programmed)has a minor glitch, it will not respond when slider on Directv and I try Dtv & TV On or OFF. I have to press PWR ad the R15 will turn off then slide to TV and press PWR and the TV will shut off. Same thing for turning on. The TV otherwise is responding perfectly with slider on DTV, TV input works fine too.
Should I try something or should I live with it?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts