One more day to go

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HD#1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2007
Los Angeles
So tomorrow is the big HD day for D* lets see what channels we get besides the ones announced.

I was thinking about starting the following poll:

On August 14th, will you:

A. Get up at 6 AM and watch the new channels
B. Get up at your normal wake up time
C. Stay up all night and wait to see the new channels

Do they usually unleash "new programming" right at midnight?

If so...I will stay up...the Olympics are usually on that late anyways.

I may check it out before going to work in the morning, depends on how many times I hit the snooze button. If not, I'll check the threads all day and check when I get home. :hungry:

If they add additional HBO and Cinemax HD channels I will be happy. WGN will be good, but I will be thrilled to see AMC is HD since I watch a lot of movies on that channel

I saw abc FamilyHD, Planet Green HD, Show Extreme HD,SHo3HD Not sure about the Sports Channels. I looks like the same list that has been tossed around.I just went to Directv.com and was looking for a movie on Sat. the 23rd and as I was going through the list I noticed the changes.
This was my 100th post which is a lot for me seeing I have Arthritis in my hands so I don't do a lot of typing. Satelliteguys is the only forum I have even come close to this many posts so that says a lot about Satelliteguys.

I saw abc FamilyHD, Planet Green HD, Show Extreme HD,SHo3HD Not sure about the Sports Channels.

Those are the few I noticed also. Wow...if its just those a lot of people should be prepared for a huge dissapointment.

4 new HD channels (ABC Family HD, Showtime Extreme HD, Showtime Showcase HD, Planet Green HD) along with 4 of the expected 7 new PPV HD channels.

Looks like 4 channels of nothing to me. I don't watch any of them.

True...I don't think I have ever watched any of these 4 channels.

Why does D* make these "non-popular" channels being released tomorrow in HD? Does it cost D* less money than actually getting "good" or "popular" channels that people the consumer actually really wants?

Seems like they are just "filling" the HD menu to compete.

I noticed those channels too. I hope they add more channels that are not listed there. But I can pretty much guarentee if and when they add these channels our next topic would be either, poor pq or streched picture or some other complaint. LOL there is no pleasing us that is for sure. We will see tomorrow if that is the only channels they add or are they any surprises from D*. Time will tell.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)