One more day to go

Status
Please reply by conversation.
True...I don't think I have ever watched any of these 4 channels.

Why does D* make these "non-popular" channels being released tomorrow in HD? Does it cost D* less money than actually getting "good" or "popular" channels that people the consumer actually really wants?

Seems like they are just "filling" the HD menu to compete.

You know as the saying goes; what's non-popular with some people is popular with others :)

I do watch ABC Family sometimes. Now if it going to be stretched SD then I rather keep watching the SD version. And I think all the premium stations should be HD since we have to pay extra for them anyways.

As far as sports, those are "non-popular" to me. I couldn't care less about them. But that's me. A lot of people like sports so there should be sports channels and they ought to be HD because, I must admit, they do look good in HD when done right.

I wish AMC would go HD because there are some programs on it I would like to watch but I just can't stand stretch-o-vision.

I hear you and agree with you Mark. I was just stating my own opinion based on my own preferences, however, I do understand that others wish to get those channels...it just seems the consensus of who I've talked to really do not care for those new channels.

It looks like there is no Happy Medium with HD yet...it's still in the early stages it seems like.

Hopefully the HD wars end up benefiting the consumers since we pay a lot of money...at least I know a pay a ton myself and just expect some things I pay for to be HD since other companies such as cable have them in HD.

I kind wish D* will go a la carte someday...seems to be much easier.

I hear you and agree with you Mark. I was just stating my own opinion based on my own preferences, however, I do understand that others wish to get those channels...it just seems the consensus of who I've talked to really do not care for those new channels.

It looks like there is no Happy Medium with HD yet...it's still in the early stages it seems like.

Hopefully the HD wars end up benefiting the consumers since we pay a lot of money...at least I know a pay a ton myself and just expect some things I pay for to be HD since other companies such as cable have them in HD.

I kind wish D* will go a la carte someday...seems to be much easier.

I was just teasing you about the "non-popular" remark. Hence the :)

One of these years/decades everything might be in HD. When/if that happens we won't have this to gripe about anymore :)

A la carte would be great. I just don't see it happening anytime soon.

But as long as D* & E* are battling at who has the most HD then we all will keep being winners. Usually when they add some HD channels it will be something that someone likes.

Maybe they think it makes more sense from a marketing standpoint to just put out a few at a time. Let's face it we'll always want more HD and gradual additions throughout the summer gives us something to look forward to each week.:hungry:

Im hoping even though its wishful thinking that D. will suprise us with even more hd channels because of the suprise that E. came out with a little bit ago. as it stands right now I won't benifit from any of the channels that are coming out.

So DirecTV is going to add more channels than what they announced? I read on their website what channels they were adding, but they never mention all of them or what?

no one knows
Only way is get up at 6am in the morning and hope to be surprised
What time(s) do they usually add the HD channels on the day they say they are going to add them? I am usually up past midnight when I am not at college.

It's basically coming to contract agreements
Don't forget getting the HD feed from whoever the content provider is back to DirecTV's network to get it to their uplink station. DirecTV has kept me up at night due to this. There is certain information I'm privy to that I can't talk about but let me tell you that there is a ton that DirecTV is doing to give us our HD feeds.

Ok If I get up at O-500 N'awlins time were should I look for these channels, does any one know what the channel numbers may or should be?????

I am getting real tired of watching the CUBS on WGN in SD. How is TBS HD and WGN not? They are both national superstations...

WGN is in HD...so is the superstation WGN America. D* is supposed to get it according to the reliable Wikipedia....I hope you do. All Cub fans deserve their Cubs in HD....

GO CUBS GO!!!!

:D :D :D

Ok If I get up at O-500 N'awlins time were should I look for these channels, does any one know what the channel numbers may or should be?????
The only channels that we know for sure are ABC Family HD (311), Planet Green HD (286), Showtime Showcase HD (541), and Showtime Extreme HD (542). As well as PPVs in the 180's and about 9 RSNs going full time in the 600's.

So D* is launching 4 HD channels only? I guess you can't really count the RSN's since they aren't new channels.
I guess that depends on if you count part time channels or not. Personally, I didnt. I will count full time though, so IMO they are adding more. I dont expect everyone to agree with that though.

ABCFHD, PLGHD, SHO3HD, and SHOEHD are on here. Woohoo! Did not look for any of the ppvs or rsns since I wont watch em anyway.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts