One receiver-2 tv's

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sjrellis

Original poster
Dec 25, 2007
Can you have one receiver in the family room and no receiver in the bedroom and get satellite reception? Will I need an extra Directv remote? Please forgive my ignorance. This is to go in our rv during travels. Any and all hints/tips are welcome (less the flaming).

Thanks!

Yes, but you will either need a IR extender or a RF-capable receiver (the standard SD receivers are not) and RF remotes.

The SD sets have a coax output which will feed a signal on channel 3 or 4 which can run to a SD TV in another room. The HD sets do not have this output, but you can run the composite or S-video to a RF modulator to accomplish the same thing.

The same picture will be on both TVs, for $5 more a month you can rent a second receiver and have independent channel selection.

As far as needing an extra remote i would have to say no. Just carry your present remote to wherever you are running the backfeed from the reciever to and go to rad shack and pick up some cheap repeaters and follow the directions and u should have no problemos with it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Power went out. Now I'm not picking up the satellite. What gives?

Some people!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)