One Receiver - Two Houses

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Selbo

Original poster
Jun 4, 2011
Florida
I move between two houses. The Direct TV salesman told me i could bring my receiver with me and hook up. I have an old dish from the last time I had Direct TV at House 1. At House 2, they installed a new dish. Everything works well at House 2, but can't get a signal at House 1.

The dish at house 1 is old. I presume the cable is good. I put in a new LNB that I had.

Any ideas?

:welcome to Satelliteguys!
We need more information on your equipment. What model receiver do you have, what dishes are at the two houses?

The receiver is H25-500. The dish is over ten years old, as is the LNB. However, The LNB was never used.

Are the houses in the same general area?

My guess at the moment is two differing dishes at each location and needing to know if you are changing that setup in the receiver once you move it?

Dish #2 sounds like an OLD 18" oval single LNB for the 101w orbital slot ONLY.

My best forward-looking solution is to ADD another unit to your account and keep it at house #2 and activate it when you will be there and deactivating when you aren't. Less headaches and wear and tear on your H25. If you want all the HD programming at location #2 as well, then you will need to upgrade the dish setup.

Sounds to me like the OLD dish is at house #1 and a NEW one is at House #2.
House 2 is working.

He probably needs a new Slimline dish and he'll be good to go.

The H25 has to be connected to a SWM system to work, either a SWMline LNB or the SWM multiswitch. Your 10 y/o LNB is the problem...

The H25 has to be connected to a SWM system to work, either a SWMline LNB or the SWM multiswitch. Your 10 y/o LNB is the problem...

I think we all agree that the OP's dish is obsolete, BUT are you saying that the H25/HR25's can't be connected to "traditional" SlimLines with older multi-switch setups?

I think we all agree that the OP's dish is obsolete, BUT are you saying that the H25/HR25's can't be connected to "traditional" SlimLines with older multi-switch setups?

SEEMS SO!

According to the 1st Look PDF file at the other place it does say SWM only. That seems a bit silly to me. But oh well I don't need to unit; nothing spectacular or really different about about it needs-wise.

I think you can still use the older dishes but you have to change the settings in the receiver to get it to work each time he "moves" the receiver to a different type of dish. The new SWM's rely on a power supply for power and gets no power from the receiver itself.

I think you can still use the older dishes but you have to change the settings in the receiver to get it to work each time he "moves" the receiver to a different type of dish. The new SWM's rely on a power supply for power and gets no power from the receiver itself.

The H/HR25 models work only with a SWM lnb or SWM multiswitch.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)