Online Account info shows Genie not connected to internet

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JGD9

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 28, 2017
MO
I apologize if this is a dumb question, but when I log into my account on directv.com and go to "my equipment," it currently has a red dot beside my genie 2 and says "reconnect to internet." Previously this had a green light and indicated my receiver was connected.

However, my Genie 2 is connected to the internet. (If I push the dash button is says connected, I can download on demand, and I can get the dtv apps.) I contacted Directv about this and their response was that that their server probably hadn't updated yet and it would show connected eventually. It hasn't. I have tried refreshing a couple of times too.

Anyway, if my receiver says it is connected to the internet, does it even matter? Or is this an issue where Directv doesn't recognize my receiver as connected to their servers? I guess my main concern is that if directv doesn't see me as connected, I won't get software updates as quickly. It may also explain (although probably doesn't) why I can't get my App to connect to the genie 2 when I'm out of the house.

TIA.

It’s directv stupid System, did it for me for a while, reset the receiver and refresh it through their site and that should do the trick.

It’s directv stupid System, did it for me for a while, reset the receiver and refresh it through their site and that should do the trick.

That seemed to do the trick. Thanks for the advice!

If you look at your TV in the menu it will show Connected, or not ...
Don't worry about what the website says.
As for your updates, that comes from the Satellite, not the web.

If you look at your TV in the menu it will show Connected, or not ...
Don't worry about what the website says.
As for your updates, that comes from the Satellite, not the web.

I thought the software updates for the Genie 2 came over the internet.

I thought the software updates for the Genie 2 came over the internet.
Well, the software updates for all other recvrs come from the Sat, I doubt that the G2 is any different ...
I don't have one to play with, but I would say No.

Well, the software updates for all other recvrs come from the Sat, I doubt that the G2 is any different ...
I don't have one to play with, but I would say No.
Genie 2 comes over Ethernet as primary

Genie 2 comes over Ethernet as primary
I'm talking about software updates, not internet connections.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they still use coax from the dish to the back of the HS17, right ?
I see the coax connection on the back of it, but cannot read the back of it to confirm.

I'm talking about software updates, not internet connections.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they still use coax from the dish to the back of the HS17, right ?
I see the coax connection on the back of it, but cannot read the back of it to confirm.
Yes they still use coax to the dish and I am talking about software updates also. If your HS17 is connected to Ethernet it will pull updates over that instead if downloading from the SAT

Yes they still use coax to the dish and I am talking about software updates also. If your HS17 is connected to Ethernet it will pull updates over that instead if downloading from the SAT
Really ?
So how does it decide ... there has to be a deciding factor ...
Are you allowed to have a HS17 that is Not connected to the internet ?
Probably not, again, I don't know, or have one to play with. (personally, I don't want one)

So if you have both ethernet (internet connection) and Coax to the unit, there has to be protocol for this instance.
I do not know for sure one way or the other in this instance.
I have not seen anything that actually talks about that, but it's not something that would be top priority to look into either.

Basically if there is an update pushed to the RID it will download it off the internet. If all checks out it will install. If there is no Ethernet or download issues it will pull from the SAT

Basically if there is an update pushed to the RID it will download it off the internet. If all checks out it will install. If there is no Ethernet or download issues it will pull from the SAT

So, the “connected” indicator on my directv.com account only lasted a couple of hours before reverting back to red dot and “reconnect to internet.” Everything works normally (I get on demand), so I’m not too worried over all.

The only reason I was kind of worried is I thought that maybe, if DirecTv though I wasn’t connected to the internet, it wouldn’t push any software updates over the internet. I was concerned that if it decided it needed to download over the SAT then it would essentially put me at the back of the line and further delay the update (although I know I’d eventually get it). And again, my concern about getting the update at all is because out-of-home doesn’t work on my app and I’m hoping a future software update will resolve it for me. (Since multiple calls to dtv haven’t helped at all.)

Thanks everyone for your advice. It is much appreciated.

I noticed this last month for all the receivers. Reset all receivers and it was good for a few days and back to showing red (not connected). We don't use On Demand so no biggie.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)