Online List of Channels Expiring?

Most Buffalo Sabres fans are diehards' and I refuse to have a TV service that will not supply me with access to these games. When the Sabres games air, the local ratings (Buffalo/ Rochester) will eclipse those of almost any cable network and can beat Network TV as well. Dish could very well lose 20-30 percent of Dish Network subscribers in Western NY over this issue.
As said this earlier, I'll bet your local cableco does everything they have to to make sure they always carry the network or channel that carries Sabres games. This will apply in cities all over the country with the local cablecos. Dish and DirecTV are nationwide and (insert any city with a sports team here) are just one of MANY markets they cover.

I am sure it will be back shortly...

Both companies need each other.

First off, I have always thought that Dish needs Fox more than Fox needs Dish. Mostly because Chicago and Dallas are strong Dish Network metro areas with Fox owned stations.

But let's assume you're right and they need each other. Your statement begs the question: what do you mean by "Shortly". What's your date for the return of FX, Natgeo and the RSNs, Scott?

Mine is November 7. The date that the O&Os return after a short hiatus.

I just saw that the "Main thread" on this topic has garnered more than 100,000 hits.

I will go out on a limb here and predict that the Armageddon "main thread" on Fox pulling it's Owned and Operated Affiliates from Dish will get about Five times that many hits from November 1 until November 7.

Think that'll happen? What's your number on hits for that Thread?

Broadband connection: will it be able to find me?

New Channels or Substitutes for the Loss of Fox/Disney

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts