Online order and install ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

db54

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 20, 2004
just ordered my system online today. i was under the impression that when ordering online that Directv would supply an installation date. when i received confirmation of the order it stated that they were unable to schedule an installation date at this time and that a Directv associate would call within the next 72 hrs. to schedule an installation. Is this normal procedure? :confused:

Man that stinks ... they will call you and LIKELY offer to show up within 48 hours. When I ordered a $99 TiVo they were here 16 hours later :)

db54 said:
just ordered my system online today. i was under the impression that when ordering online that Directv would supply an installation date. when i received confirmation of the order it stated that they were unable to schedule an installation date at this time and that a Directv associate would call within the next 72 hrs. to schedule an installation. Is this normal procedure? :confused:

just to let you know I ordered online and had a install date set online, it took maybe 5 minutes, dont know if they struggle with contractors in your area, where are you from I didnt catch that, also, once you do get everything set up, just like anything else call still a day before installation to verify everything, if you can keep us up to date on what happens, and if theres any way we can help!

Got a call from Directv today and they scheduled installation for Aug. 28th. I have no problem with that but wish it was sooner!

Order online seems convenience, but there one problem, the service, if your system has problem, it could take another week before someone can come in to fix the problem. Just wonder why peoples don't order through local dealers, its always get the same deal with local service. The installer will install your system maybe from 100 miles away and can't do much on you.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)