Online Scheduling soon?

tawhite

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 24, 2005
The Sunshine State
There is now a message on the screen saver regarding scheduling on line and the website says "Coming soon: Schedule Events On Your Receiver". Must be close huh?

Dish has finally learned to never say "Coming Nov 1st, online DVR scheduling" or whatever new feature they're working on.

If you go into Broadband Setup on your 622/722/612, it looks like they already built an option for it in the software

satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/143213-dishonline-mydvr-2.html#post1524881

but we'll see if that happens....

If you go into Broadband Setup on your 622/722/612, it looks like they already built an option for it in the software
I actually talked to the customer service rep and asked if the current software (6.14) would have to be upgraded before the online scheduling would work - and he said "most likely". Nothing definitive, but I'm waiting at least until 6.15 comes out.

I also asked if we would be told when it is up and running, and I got another vague answer.

Finally I said: Looks like we know as much as you do about the online scheduling. Goodbye.

Methinks that 'soon' doesn't mean the same thing for D* as it does for us regular folks. Nonetheless - I look forward to them releasing it, instead of teasing us.

I recently was able to enter my account number into the dishonline site and have it take. So maybe that's another good step in making it actually available.

I just noticed today that the coming soon banner on the dishonline site is no longer there. Maybe that means they're really close to releasing it or dish finally realized what the definition of soon is and just took it off.

I got this reply from dishonlie about online scheduling The only scheduling feature is currently undergoing testing and we expect it to be released shortly. Unfortunately we do not have a confirmed release date for the product. Also this came in a subsequent email Thank you for you interest in the online DVR timer scheduling trial! Unfortunately, we have filled the available spots in this trial. If additional spots become available in the future, we may make this offer available again at that time.

Online DVR scheduling will be coming out to the general public SOON! Stay tuned for additional exciting features and announcements.

Thank you for your support of DISH Network! As always this tells us what? NOTHING about a release date Coming SOON SOON SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNN

I was about to send dish an email asking if they had abandon online scheduling all together. Then I did a search on satelliteguys and found this. Guess I'll hold off. Still though, the grass sure looks greener on the other side.

My 622 appears to have the software for this capability as I was able to name my DVR receiver for DishONLINE. Who knows when DishONLINE will have this capability...

I beta tested it a few months ago and it was fine. I'm not sure why they didn't release it. They took it back off my receiver with a new update though. And when I log into dishonline.com it doesn't let me do anything like it used to.

I beta tested it a few months ago and it was fine. I'm not sure why they didn't release it. They took it back off my receiver with a new update though. And when I log into dishonline.com it doesn't let me do anything like it used to.

I was told that the one they did months ago was HORRIBLE