Only half of programming is being recorded on my 622...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

aviation76

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 23, 2007
DFW, TX
Hello,

Recently, we have been noticing that only half of a program is being recorded on our VIP 622. For example, if I record a 1-hr show then I only obtain 20-30 minutes of that show. This does not happen frequently but enough to be an annoyance. This happens regardless the time of day...so my 3 AM update period is no factor. Also there is not any schedule conflicts with other recorded shows nor is there anyone manually stopping the recordings. I have software version L6.16 on the unit.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Curious what make/model of TV is connected to the 622? Sony Bravia possibly? Have you tried rebooting the 622?

is your dvr full? you may only have 30 minutes remaining on the drive. i would try a reboot and see what happens if your hard drive isn't full.

Nope, the DVR has over 100 hours available diskspace for SD programming and over 20 hrs available for HD programming. I have a Panasonic TH58PZ800U plasma. Just curious, what does the TV brand have anything to do with the way the DVR records?

Anyway, I rebooted the DVR and I will report back the results.

Hello,

Recently, we have been noticing that only half of a program is being recorded on our VIP 622. For example, if I record a 1-hr show then I only obtain 20-30 minutes of that show. This does not happen frequently but enough to be an annoyance. This happens regardless the time of day...so my 3 AM update period is no factor. Also there is not any schedule conflicts with other recorded shows nor is there anyone manually stopping the recordings. I have software version L6.16 on the unit.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
I have had this happen maybe twice, i just put it down to somebody cancelling the recording. I have had no powercuts, my pc would have rebooted that im folding on. i cant see any pattern as it's happening infrequently. i have 2 622's and for the "key" programs irecord on both, so will get it on one if i dont on the other. Cant tell you the software versions at this point, so no help there, but you are not alone !
As you say annoying but not quite enough for me to spend any real time looking into. Sorry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)