Openbox S9 firmware with working clock! (READ CAREFULLY)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I hit the V.Format button several times but it didn't seem to work.

Thanks.
I found some versions it works, others it does not.

Menu - right 2 times - OK - down - right, wait, repeat until video appears.
And like FaT Air has stated in the past, write it down and save it by your unit. Gets you out of a mess when you can't read it. (I wish it would work on my S9, bummer!)

RT.

I haven't gotten the V.Format button to do anything since June or July software.

I found some versions it works, others it does not.
Agree with that, some do, some don't.
I got two versions now on the Vid format. One for S9 FW, and now this S10 FW that works(?) on S9's.
Copy and keep handy, My original S9 cheat sheet is just about worn out.
If FW is PAL Default (no picture)

S9 FW Menu items vertical on left
Step (1):
MENU,
DOWN(Twice),
ENTER,
DOWN(Once),
ENTER,
LEFT(or Right)* until picture appears
.(*Do not hold. Press and release, wait a few seconds, Repeat)

S10 FW (Menu items horizontal across top)
Menu - right 2 times - OK - down - right, wait, repeat until video appears.

Question: Can the S10 output video simultaneously to the HDMI and to the yellow/red/white connections?
I'm going to hook it up to my little 23" HDMI screen on my desk but I want to have it also output to the old school yellow connector at the same time.
Or will it only do one at a time?

Thanks.. :)

Thanks for the instructions, I got it out of PAL mode.

This new firmware seems to be working fairly well for me so far, clock appears to be working and I'm able to turn on the receiver with my remote. Picture quality seems a little softer though.

Menu - right 2 times - OK - down - OK - right, wait, repeat until video appears.

Well, there is something wrong with the clock. It worked for days without a reboot. Jim reported it might be loosing time while in the menus. I said mine didn't and it don't.

I haven't pinned it down yet but today it told me it was 1-7-2011 and 00:14...

Right before that it rebooted for no reason...it had not been rebooted in days...so maybe it is just due to the crash.

It has been running good for several hours with the correct time after the reboot and resetting the clock.

I haven't had mine crash yet, but I would imagine that anything that made it restart from a clean state, as if you had cycled the power, would reset the clock. I think it's a pretty safe bet that the clock is being maintained entirely in software, because the cardsharing people have reported that the network functions are still active while it's in its "OFF" state under this version of the firmware.

I haven't had mine crash yet, but I would imagine that anything that made it restart from a clean state, as if you had cycled the power, would reset the clock. I think it's a pretty safe bet that the clock is being maintained entirely in software, because the cardsharing people have reported that the network functions are still active while it's in its "OFF" state under this version of the firmware.

Agreed, it is in a half sleep mode. And I was all over the place playing with everything when it crashed...By crash I mean just rebooted on a channel change or info, or menu button press...don't remember....it just rebooted.

I reverted back to the approved firmware because I saw absolutely no advantage to this version. It absolutely does NOT make the clock and timers work on an S10 and I don't like the menus on the top.
This puts me back to running the same version as my dad's S9 and he doesn't care a flip about recording anything. I put a USB disk on his but he will never power it up.
I tried to show him about time shifting, pausing for phone calls, etc. He still doesn't get it or care. So, why bother anymore. He uses it in the absolute most basic ways possible.
Fine with me.. It still locks up on him on occasion and I've asked him to keep notes of what was happening at the time. What channel, what time/date, weather (clear or raining), etc..
I think we can figure out the locking up problem with enough events/notes.

But S10 owners, I don't think you'll find that there is any point in trying this firmware, it seems to benefit S9's only..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts