Openbox S9 firmware with working clock! (READ CAREFULLY)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I never did know what was going on with the S10s. All I know, never having used one, is that I've seen some people claim that the S10 software has had a working clock for a long time, yet other people say that theirs doesn't. Then again, a long time ago, I actually saw a few people claim that their S9s had a clock display on the front panel, even though it didn't keep time. Most people's, mine included, never had any clock display on the front panel in any phase of operation.

I never did know what was going on with the S10s. All I know, never having used one, is that I've seen some people claim that the S10 software has had a working clock for a long time, yet other people say that theirs doesn't. Then again, a long time ago, I actually saw a few people claim that their S9s had a clock display on the front panel, even though it didn't keep time. Most people's, mine included, never had any clock display on the front panel in any phase of operation.

I wouldn't care if the front display played PONG, all I ask for is a frickin working clock.

Openbox is junk.

I would pay two or three or FOUR times the price for a tuner that:

1. HAS A WORKING CLOCK.
2. Does timer recordings with 100% reliability and accuracy. See #1.
3. Tunes in HD DVB, HD S2, and HD ATSC.
4. Records to a disk or your home network.
5. Plays back from the disk or your home network.

It's working great here on my S9. Don't know why???? TV system set to 1080i 60. Aspect: Auto, Video out: YUV, Digital Audio out: LCPM Out. Feeding the composite video to a Modulator on an open channel for feeding multiple TV's. No stuttering, freezing or A/V sync problems noted anywhere. I wonder if some problems might be caused by TV System being set to 50 (European). My newer TV's will lock onto the video if the STB is set to 50,{???} the old analogs will not. Don't presently have a digital(HDMI) television available to hookup directly. I've also set the clock using GMT Usage: Off. It's still right on after 5 days and a few timer and manual recordings. Going into its quasi-standby mode more than once, via remote power button or after timer operations. This is puzzling, why it works so well for me, and not others. Could it be mine is from one of the original early batches to land on these shores???? Don't know how that, no, any and all of this's going to be answered.

It's working great here on my S9. Don't know why???? TV system set to 1080i 60. Aspect: Auto, Video out: YUV, Digital Audio out: LCPM Out. Feeding the composite video to a Modulator on an open channel for feeding multiple TV's. No stuttering, freezing or A/V sync problems noted anywhere. I wonder if some problems might be caused by TV System being set to 50 (European). My newer TV's will lock onto the video if the STB is set to 50,{???} the old analogs will not. Don't presently have a digital(HDMI) television available to hookup directly. I've also set the clock using GMT Usage: Off. It's still right on after 5 days and a few timer and manual recordings. Going into its quasi-standby mode more than once, via remote power button or after timer operations. This is puzzling, why it works so well for me, and not others. Could it be mine is from one of the original early batches to land on these shores???? Don't know how that, no, any and all of this's going to be answered.

I'm with you here Fat Air, mine is running better than ever...

No radio edit and no preview as I've said. But, it rocks otherwise.

Why doesn't firmware work on one receiver, but works great on another?

BECAUSE THE RECEIVERS ARE NOT FROM THE SAME MANUFACTURER!

Maybe owners of OPENBOX"ish" type receivers should start sharing their STB serial numbers and hardware versions during compatibility discussions. I would guess that owners might notice that serial numbers are unique for units produced by different vendors. Might start yielding predictions on compatibility with different firmware.

I have seen a picture of an old s10 and it had a ethernet board that plugged into the mainboard,new ones the ethernet is built-in.Old s10 firmware you couldn't turn off with the remote and the front panel would be blank instead of the clock,but later firmware fixed that.They even had a code to punch into the remote to get the clock back,but it never worked for me with old firmware.

It's working great here on my S9...
I echo your comments...mostly. All that you say is true on my S9. Perhaps since I've not used earlier firmware much, I have a more neutral mind to how it works. My problems start when I try using DiSEqC1.2 to drive my Ku dish motor. Once I get beyond about 40 degrees west of my due south, I can't find any satellites by manually bumping across the arc. I've tried going slow and fast. If I switch to USALS, no problem as far west as 119W which is 64 degrees west of my due south. So I am on the arc. I may try going back to earlier firmware to see if I have better luck. I want to use DiSEqC1.2 so I can precisely peak the motor which is necessary in some cases.

i like my 11-3-21 firmware in the solomend. tryed others but still have gone back. i used usals with my geopro and now use diseqc1.2 with my 8'. this week is supposed to be warm. i need to get a new pole in cement. i hope that helps me having to change cliks all the time. charlie

My problems start when I try using DiSEqC1.2 to drive my Ku dish motor. Once I get beyond about 40 degrees west of my due south, I can't find any satellites by manually bumping across the arc. I've tried going slow and fast. If I switch to USALS, no problem as far west as 119W which is 64 degrees west of my due south. So I am on the arc. I may try going back to earlier firmware to see if I have better luck. I want to use DiSEqC1.2 so I can precisely peak the motor which is necessary in some cases.
use usals to aim at a sat then switch to diseqc and save the position.Repeat for all the sats you can't normally find with diseqc.

It's working great here on my S9. Don't know why???? ......This is puzzling, why it works so well for me, and not others. Could it be mine is from one of the original early batches to land on these shores???? Don't know how that, no, any and all of this's going to be answered.
Do you keep your doors locked?;)

Why doesn't firmware work on one receiver, but works great on another?

BECAUSE THE RECEIVERS ARE NOT FROM THE SAME MANUFACTURER!

Maybe owners of OPENBOX"ish" type receivers should start sharing their STB serial numbers and hardware versions during compatibility discussions. I would guess that owners might notice that serial numbers are unique for units produced by different vendors. Might start yielding predictions on compatibility with different firmware.

Come the end of February, it may all be rendered a moot point :D ...

Mine (and my Dad's) are not clones. I've verified that they are genuine Openbox brand tuners. They still are shabby designs.. :mad:

I just loaded this new version of firmware unto my Invel/Solomend reciever and I can't get it out of PAL mode. With a composite cable the picture rolls so fast I can't hardly make heads or tales of the menu's.

Could anyone give me a list of buttons to push in order to get to the video resolution setting.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Doug

If you hit the V.Format button once it displays the res hit it again and it changes. wait a few sec. hit it again until you have a picture.

I hit the V.Format button several times but it didn't seem to work.

Thanks.

If you hit the V.Format button once it displays the res hit it again and it changes. wait a few sec. hit it again until you have a picture.

I hit the V.Format button several times but it didn't seem to work.
Menu - right 2 times - OK - down - OK - right, wait, repeat until video appears.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)