Openbox S9 firmware with working clock! (READ CAREFULLY)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
MORE INFO:

On the New S9 firmware:
Record one channel while watching another.
Start recording then hit the ok button on remote.
It will come up with a list of channels on the same transponder you can watch while recording the previous channel.You are limited to watching/recording on the same tp,since the receiver only has 1 tuner.

Just installed this version and have it running on Ion networks(namely) Qubo we will see:rolleyes:

EDIT: working now, seems like my Sat Card connected via SSO Loopout was still powered.

Trying this Firm now, but Motor Control not working?
Is it me, or the firmware?
I have the original Solomend PVR 800.

Last edited:
Try reloading your channel list again. Its working on my s10, maybe someone else with a PVR800 will try it.

It works on my PVR800 with USALS. I've never tried DisEqC 1.2.

Once upon a time last summer I did see some complaints on other boards of old satellite lists not working on new firmwares, about the time that the S10 versions that would load but not let you access the menus on an S9 appeared. I never had any problem, but maybe I happened to transition via a version that loaded the old style and saved the new one, I just don't know. There were so many releases this year.

Maybe a clue to radio edit?

On the S10 the edit menu says:

Tv
Radio
Favs
Delete all

This one only says channel edit, like it is meant to edit all types of channels. I've tried hitting TV/Radio and all kinds of things. I just can't find a way to edit radio channels...There is also no mention of it not working on the Euro boards but the pics of the menu do not show radio edit either.

Does anyone know where this file came from?

Installed on S10 unit. No real issues, same notations as above in other users. Miss the thumbnail pic in the channel edit, and (still) can't switch between saved DMX channels and video on the same satellite (DMX saved as favorites on favorite-3 category but they don't show up if you switch to "favorite 3" because you're not viewing audio channels) and, no improvement on freezing and jerky channels.

No real improvements, just changes. Going back to July issue. Was fun trying, however, and for a while there WAS hope.

It's time for someone to "reverse engineer" this software and do it right, in ENGLISH, and with all our needs. Yes, we get what we pay for, (that's been hashed and re-hashed on this board til its a boring argument.) I know that. But the simplest of what should be basic "features" seem to be more like "quirks" on an Openbox no matter what the version of firmware, no matter what the hardware build! If I didn't miss the HD-format channels receivable on the openbox, I'd be back on my Visionsat PVR in a heartbeat. Too bad there wasn't a "sidecar" for HD formats for us FTA users like there was at one time for 4DTV. We'd have the best of our favorite receiver(s) and the HD done right without stuttering.

Back to July's firmware for me. August had more freezeups than July.

Well so far after a few hours:

Pros: No lock-ups yet, even the Ion Mux is working ok.
Timers and clock is working.

Cons: Having Video and Audio Sync problems. If it keeps this up I will go back and deal with the lockups. One thing I can not stand is a mouth moves and 2 seconds later there is the audio.

I don't like the fact that I have to exit out of a channel list to bring up the sat list.

Oh and BTW I have never had an issue with any firmware I've tried locking up on PBS on 125, but I tried it after the above posts and it is working fine.

...Timers and clock is working.
Having a working PVR feature is a major improvement. The ability to catch any program at any time due to time/timers accurately working overrides the other inconveniences of the new firmware.

Cons: Having Video and Audio Sync problems.
Which station exhibits this? I recall seeing this on RTV sometimes with my Coolsat 7000. I read PID / VID discrepancies could cause it?

I don't like the fact that I have to exit out of a channel list to bring up the sat list.
You don't. Press red Group button, then can select new satellite.

I use a OpenBox S10, can someone break down the numbers and letters for the version in the (information) section? I need to know how to read the version I have. Thanks!

I think I found a glitch in the clock :( I was playing back a recording, and when I finished, it appeared that the clock hadn't been advancing during the playback! I'm not going to try to duplicate it now because I have other things to record -- I just re-set the clock so they would get recorded on time. I'll have to try it later.

Edit: I'm not sure that the clock updates during some other menu operations either. It updates during blind scans, but if you're sitting at a menu, it might not.

Last edited:
I use a OpenBox S10, can someone break down the numbers and letters for the version in the (information) section? I need to know how to read the version I have. Thanks!

I don't know if anybody knows what the letters mean. But the numbers in the center, between the C2HS2- or whatever and the colon, are year-month-day.

Firmware files usually follow these examples:
HDS2_S9_110815-AmerSat.abs 110815 11th year 08=month 15=day
C2HS2-11-07-31_LFTA.dbs date= 11th year, 7th month, 31st day,_LFTA (modded by/for Legal Free To Air[site]) The first letters, (?) and after the : is also a ???
This firmware reads (info screen) C2HS2-11-12-13:0481CMT 11th year, 12th month, 13th day.
Kinda confusing, as the clock requires Day/Month/year
Hey, I so far like this version. Have NOT had any stuttering video or lockups, even when tested on 2 channels that would freeze/Lock-up after just few seconds on 2 previous FW versions tried.
Also, have not noticed any A/V sync issues or video stuttering. But I've not tested PAL signals. (My 9200HD did a very fine job on converting PAL to NTSC when others had issues.)
I REALLY miss the thumbnail in the channel edit, the archaic TV/Radio switch issue when in favs, and the extra step needed to switch satellites. But hey, think I'll play with it for a while longer. Going to see if it will record 2 timed settings. FWIW: My S9 is from the second batch received by Hyper. And using TP_PROG file created with previous FW.

Huh. I don't know what's going on with mine then -- unless it's a hardware thing. I have one of them that was branded as the Solomend HD-PRV800 and imported by Sadoun.

Well I finally got rid of it. Was nice that certain channels didn't lock up, but the A/V Sync issues were about to make me go get hard liquor:D

I was getting it on any channel that was HD. The SD channels seemed to be fine. This was with the hard drive or thumb drive connected or disconnected. It was driving me crazy so I am now trying the 120711 again from wydvb since I didn't really give a good test before. So far with it the Audio and Video are in Sync and no lock-ups(yet). This is on a Legit S10. With the one in this thread the A/V would be out right off the bat. I know I have seen it before on other versions of firmware, don't remember which ones. The clock works on this one also but haven't tried timers yet.

February can not get here quick enough for Brian's new box to be out.

Well I finally got rid of it. Was nice that certain channels didn't lock up, but the A/V Sync issues were about to make me go get hard liquor:D

I was getting it on any channel that was HD. The SD channels seemed to be fine. This was with the hard drive or thumb drive connected or disconnected. It was driving me crazy...........

I liked the neat colors so much I gave it another try. This time over about 10 hours it never locked up. GREAT! This just may work. But, as time went by, the sync problem got to be a BIG problem. Change channel, sat, turn off, re-boot, pull plug, nothing would fix the sync. Took it off this early morning. Put the 11-08-24 back on. No problems with that one. Bummer!

When it comes to the lip sync, do any of the pros out there have an answer to fix this problem?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)