Openbox S9 or S10

Status
Please reply by conversation.

markbone100

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 15, 2011
IL
Is there a real difference between the two receivers? Both specs look the same to me

differences
S10 is way smaller than S9 (about 1/2 the size)
S9 has component output...S10 doesnt
S9 has Euro plug...S10 has US plug
S9 the menus go down the side, S10 they go across the top

thats about it

S10 inside Chips is a little bit more advance than the S9. So I guess it can handle more stuffs. Sooner or later you will begin to see firmwares updates to fix all the mentioned bugs. So maybe the S10 will go ahead an step further than the S9. Time will tell

Got an S10 yesterday for 99.99 shipped tax free from a local dealer from Ebay. With a free HDMI cable too. Should be here in a day or 2.

Gave the S9 to my parents to use.

Sent using SatelliteGuys with my EVO non 3D LoL

S9 also has SPIDIF audio output while the S10 has a 12V output instead. Unsure about the purpose of this output as it seems to always output 12V as the current software does not have any option to turn it on or off.

My opinion is that the S10 is fine for a secondary TV such as in your bedroom where you don't need digital audio output or component but for your main TV, the S9 is better.

Well I finally got my S10 last Thursday and to me the 10 has better blind scan then the s9.
I've been able to find channels that simply the 9 can't do. With HDMI out who needs component out anyways. No hassle with an overseas power cord and USA TPs already loaded, cant get any easier then that. Most of all, I like the smaller size and smaller remote too.

Sent using SatelliteGuys with my EVO non 3D LoL

My S9 should be here anytime today. I am totally unfamiliar with this box. How will I know whether I need a firmware upgrade? What exactly am I going to need in order to do one if that's the case? As in what kind of cables to link the STB to a PC? Is this something I can buy at RadioShack? And which firmware would I be installing? This thing is supposed to be NIB, but do these thing's even operate properly out of the box, or are firmwares needed first?

Probably someone who doesn't have HDMI inputs on their front projector, like me for instance.:)
Or me, who likes running both HDMI outputs and Component outputs, to different TV's, so I can watch one channel, and blindscan another receiver . My setup includes a component switcher and an HDMI switch, for flexibility.
:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)