Openbox S9 Record Time Limit?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lone Gunman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2010
southeast
Seen this several times and forget to ask here to see if there's a fix. I've noticed that both my S9 receivers will only record for 2 hours then they automatically cut off?? This may be OK if you got timers set but it sux when I want to record one ball game while watching another on OTA TV?

Anyone know how to extend the record time? I've got a 320GB hard drive connected to that thing so I know it's not because there's not enough free space!

The one time I wanted to record more than 2 hours, I set two timers, one following the other. First as 18:00 to 20:00 and the second 20:00 to 22:00. Only lost a few seconds at the 'switch'.

Maybe you need a 'better' box {;<)

Got two AZBoxes but prefer using the two S9s I also have instead. FYI from what I've seen and read, it makes no difference what you are using as there's always going to be some kind of glitch with any of them and some more than others.

I run Linux on my computers so I may try to find the file to edit to change that 2 hour limit. Someone wrote it so someone else should be able to hack it! ;-)

The default is 2:00 hours, but you should be able to change the record duration to any desired length up to 99:59.

If it is really Linux, you should not have to hack it. Linux is supposed to be open source. My son in law likes to change all his programs! Have you ever used a keyboard that is alphabetical rather than qwertyuiop? Some of the limitations are in the firmware, however, it is possible to code so the second recording starts before the first one stops IF you have enough memory. If you really want Linux why not do it all on the computer? A dual-core 6GHZ w/ 8GB memory and a 2 TB hard drive ....
FIFO is your friend. ---

And to answer someone else's question, the answer is YES, you can take the output of stream from a non HD box and feed it through you computer to output to the TV in near real time (ms). I have no idea how, or what the output was, but it looked very good on an 8 foot TV. Linux computer.

The default is 2:00 hours, but you should be able to change the record duration to any desired length up to 99:59.

Yeah but finding where the "default" is set is the problem as I've been through all the GUI menus and haven't seen anything related??

hit the record button. A popup will show up that says "02:00"
change to whatever you want
then press either "Record" or possibly info. I think on the Manhattan its the blue button. If you press Record again you will get the record bar at the bottom and on the right it should say the end length (4:00 as example)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)