Openbox S9 vs SkyBox F3 Software

T4Runner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 3, 2010
37.0N 119.5W California
Does anyone have both of these receivers? I have both of the subject receivers and since they are both basically OpenBox, has anyone swapped software between the two? I don't want to ruin my new Skybox F3, but it sure would be convenient to load OB s9 Channel list into the SkyB, especially since they both do not scan in The two NBC HD and FOX HD channels on 99W (forget which ones), and I have a bare bones channel list of those two channels only for the OB S9.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I have an openbox s9 and a openbox x3. I have not tried swapping firmware, but I did load the s9 channel list to the x3 when I got it. Everything worked perfectly including diseqc switch settings. I can't guarantee it will work for you on an f3 but worked on my x3. Anytime you upload a channel list from another box you risk bricking the receiver. So do so at your own risk.

Last edited:
comparing apples to oranges.
the receivers use 2 different processors and the firmware isn't interchangeable.
99% of the people that kill their receiver did it by loading a sat/channel list from unknown sources.
The .dbs file is actually a .udf file plus the default database for the receiver,which usually isn't the same between models.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)