Oppo BDP-93 Discussion

Yeah, mine went from packaged to shipped this AM. You should see yours way before I see mine. Gonna buy Airbender or the Expandables this week, for next weekend.

Woo hoo. Looks like my player is on the truck for delivery. Left Oppo yesteday. Pays to live close to them.

S~

Got it set up. Just using defaults for now. Gonna play around for a while Wow. NF looks great. Turned on Green Berets. GOing to try a 3D title. I'll do a full review probably after Thanksgiving. I've got to get back to getting things ready in a while. At least I have a lot of help.

S~

Its great to hear how good the Marvell chip does with streaming services, bodes well for Amazon and Vudu support. Noise reduction 1 and 2 seem to be great setting for Nflix.

Having a ton of problems playing 3D through the Pioneer 1020. Can't get any video or audio once I hit play with either Cloudy or Valentine. I don't have another 1.4 receiver to test it with. Panasonic has no problems.

S~

OK. Player will output 3D through HDMI2 through the Pioneer. It will not output sound or video in 3D through HDMI1 to the Pioneer 1020 through any input on the receiver. It will output video out of HDMI1 to TV and sound out of HDMI2 to 1020.

S~

Sounds like they are having some Pio handshake issues.

I plan to set mine up with HDMI 1 to the Duo, and HDMI 2 to the Denon. The Duo has a weird bug sometimes with passing thru HD audio.

Whats your opinion on the Pio rcvr, vs a Denon. They seem pretty nice.

Sounds like they are having some Pio handshake issues.

I plan to set mine up with HDMI 1 to the Duo, and HDMI 2 to the Denon. The Duo has a weird bug sometimes with passing thru HD audio.

Whats your opinion on the Pio rcvr, vs a Denon. They seem pretty nice.

Denon all the way. Just happened to be the only one out at the time I needed it. I'm communnicating with Oppo right now. CS is great.

S~

I'm kind of surprised at the seriousness of the compatability issues with Pioneer products. It's not like Pioneer is some obscure product. I'm confident that they will work very hard to fix the issue. I'm not quite as confident that it can be. We'll see. It might have been a mistake to go with the Marvell chipset instead of the ABT. There are a lot of issues with HDMI1, not just with Pioneer products. If it's not fixed by general release, I will return it and probably go with te Denon. My 2010, while not lightning quick, has actually been my steadiest player. It has only required 2 firmware updates since the initial update when I received it.

S~

Whats weird, is the Pio receivers have the Marvell in them (some of them). Im gonna run HDMI 2 to the Denon, and HDMI 1 to the DVDO, on source direct. The DVDO has a random HD Audio bug on it's audio only output, so I want it out of the audio chain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)