Oppo BDP-93 Discussion

Just to update everyone, I put some iso's on my WD MyBook AV and connected them via sata cable to the 93. Playback was flawless and it recognizes the files fine, pretty cool. I may catalog some movies on a few drives.

Yepp, i agree it has some really cool features. I had not noticed it actually had an sata connection. Make it nice for me, I hid the drive with the sata connected to the 93 at all times. When I want to add a file, I have the USB cable run from the My Book to a location i can easily connect my laptop and transfer the file.

I just ordered the Duet BlacX, and will be running a 1TB HDD I already have as well as another 2TB. I figure 3 gigs of ISO storage (60-70 movies) should be enough room. Pretty neat the Oppo can recognize and play libraries like this. Only issue here is, for both drives to be recognized properly, you can only connect to the Oppo via USB cable. I ordered a second USB cable for when I need to transfer files from the PC to the drives.

HDR-T07-025.jpg

Last edited:
Got the Duet hooked up this AM with a 1TB and 2 TB WD Green drive. Have a USB cable running from it to the Oppo, then a spare 16footer I can connect to it and my laptop when I want to transfer/delete ISO's. Plugged the dock into the battery side of my UPS to help protect the drives, and the Duet power switch as well as eject buttons work well.

Very cool.

IMG_2380.jpg

IMG_2381.jpg

I think so. When connected via USB it should just read as two different drives. The eject button makes hot swapping real easy, pretty good deal for the price. Ive gotten in the habit of keeping all my most recent watched movies on the drive, that way if I wanna go back and watch one, I just go back to the drive. I just connected up my laptop to it and transferred one flick over from the old drive to the new drive, worked fine.

Well,

Welcome Cinavia and new studio Bullsh!t. Dont upgrade your FW before reading this...

Per the request from the studios, the ISO file playback function has been removed in this firmware version. The previous firmware had the ability to play ISO files, but it was an undocumented function and was never officially announced or supported. Future firmware version will no longer support ISO playback.

Hugo problems

From a guy that knows what he is talking about at AVS

The standard Blu-ray will work on the Official Firmware, but you will need to have BD-LIVE enabled and you will need to have the player connected to the network.

Even when doing this, there is still the chance that the disc does not load. The only real sure fire way to load this disc is to use the current Beta Firmware with or without BD-LIVE Access and a physical internet connection being active.

AVS Forum - View Single Post - Official OPPO BDP-93 Owner's Thread

I got the 83 and decided not to up to the 93 due to comments made here. But I got to admit, the 83 is great for playing all optical media (I did not "upgrade" to the latest firmware) but it really does not display fast forward scenes as well as other, much cheaper, BD/DVD players. But the shortcoming is not so much as to pay for another new high dollar box that may or may not do better. So the "new box" had better offer a whole lot more to interest me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts