Optibox Anaconda HD DVB-S2 Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
One more thing the various channels you listed as "sound only" do not have video as their streams use VP6 video codec which the receiver doesn't support.

Would love to see more "USA" channels if you have any.

I just use an editor and ftp the file back and forth to the receiver. Even though it may not play, I leave it in the receiver for a few days. E.g, some of the (sound only) had no activity whatsoever and then started working. Same thing happened with Business News and Euro just before I was going to delete it.

Going to reload some old US news channels to see if they pop in. Might be similar to scanned sat channels that pop in and out during prime time. I may have been too hasty in deleting them.

Sometimes to preview, I use Portable SMplayer 0.80 and VLC 1.17 with RtmpDump, but it's too much of a hassle.

Eventually hope to have many Rtmp channels to complement my current sat list.

The streaming side is a little flakey. Sometimes the box appears to go into a state where none of the stream will play. Copying the file back to the box usually restores it.

I always power off the box after ftping that tends to help reset things. I leave a bunch of .feed files in the directory I simply rename them e/g korean or indian or china etc. Then name them back when I want to look at them. They need to do quite major work to get the user interface and format compatibilty working better.

Hundreds of channels can't be played as the box doesn't support these formats.
wmv
mms:
mmsh:
sopcast

Nothing new on the Optibox software front, other than they're supposedly working on at least some of the blindscan bugs. I've been testing several versions of Enigma 2, I've found one that seems reasonably bug-free other than the HDMI output not wanting to work for some reason, but none of them have blind scan.

Internettv+ Channel Editor for Ultraplus

Note this is in Russian, and requires NET2.0 framework installed

Some instructions.

Drop down menu top left, 2nd option to open (In Russian) looks like "CoxpaHNTb" this is the file requestor for opening *.feed files.

Drop down menu top left, 4th option to open (In Russian) looks like "CoxpaHNTb KaK ..." this is the file requestor for saving *.feed files.

Option below looks like (in Russian) "NMopt" this is for loading .m3U play lists

on right hand side you will see a set of 3 buttons lets call them A,B,C

A= New entry
B= add entry
C= delete entry

to the right 2 buttons lets call them "D" and "E"

D= update an entry
E= not known not necessary

Other button with "URL" beside is a checker and can be left selected.

The other entry box is for the receiver i.p not necessary, but it does seem you can upload the updated file directly to the box. I've not used that function.

The rest is pretty straight forward entry in the format of

Channel name
URL e.g rtmp://
Option Live or File
Decription

View attachment editorInternetTV+v1.51.zip

Nothing new on the Optibox software front, other than they're supposedly working on at least some of the blindscan bugs. I've been testing several versions of Enigma 2, I've found one that seems reasonably bug-free other than the HDMI output not wanting to work for some reason, but none of them have blind scan.

Are the Engima 2 versions you have been testing specific or will they work on all models?

Thanks Apsattv. Will give the editor a try.

Just curious.. You said the Ultra's are sold in Asia but are similar to the Us version. Do the Ultra's support DLNA?

Its all the SAME hardware except probably the power supply. Software is the same except minor regionalized variations have the local satellites included. When I purchased mine, the software it had was version 1. something. I've gained Internet tv , Internet Radio, DLNA and various other functions since I got it :D

FAC.UltraPlus.X-9200HD.v2.10.29.2012Mar26.ird

Is the file sent out by the dealers in Australia and New Zealand.

System Information menu says
Freq Area "New Zealand"
Loader L 6.00
HW Version HS 8200 1.00
APP Version HS 2.10.29
API Version Mar 22 2012
Data Version FDU 1.3

Last edited:
Are the Engima 2 versions you have been testing specific or will they work on all models?

They're receiver-specific*, but you could probably find the same releases for the Anaconda. You just have to find out what version of receiver from another company is identical to the Anaconda. The Gekko is an Octagon SF918SE+, for example, so I tried the PKT versions of E2 for that receiver (after also installing the PKT loader, since I wasn't sure if it was the same as the Optibox-supplied E2 loader.)

*At least they claim they're receiver-specific, but I don't know about that... Looking at the boot scripts and such, I see references to displaying things on the front panel display, which the Gekko doesn't HAVE. I'm not sure whether the Gekko and Anaconda are fully compatible other than the lack of a display, but they're at least extremely similar. The Raptor, on the other hand, is apparently a different beast, because I've never seen anybody report any blind scan problems on the Raptor.

Yes i've used the DLNA function with the basic DLNA support in windows media player. I've also had my Ipod and Android tablet playing back recorded content from the receiver. It works well.

I even recorded and played a 422 feed on the Android tablet, if u leave a 422 feed on in the receiver you can start playback of the timeshift file on the tablet or via your pc.

Good to know. Too bad (for us, U.S version) you seem to have access to more items in your icon menu. Hopefully, we will too. I was thinking of trying one of the foreign (newer other name brand...Octagon, IceCrypt, etc.) firmwares on mine, but I would have to change the receiver ID prior to uploading the firmware. Right know I don't feel comfortable with the possibility of bricking my receiver. If I can find a translated how to I might consider it.

if u leave a 422 feed on in the receiver you can start playback of the timeshift file on the tablet or via your pc.

Unless your firmware is different, there are very few programs that will play a .ts file from those receivers without running the fixit plugin first -- which I don't think would work on the timeshift file, since it's named something like "_timeshift.ts_" instead of "timeshift.ts", and also, you'd have to mount the directory over the network, because the DLNA server doesn't show the timeshift file.

eastof111 said:
Too bad (for us, U.S version) you seem to have access to more items in your icon menu.

What items would those be? The DLNA server and client are present in the Gekko firmware I'm using, although you have to look a little harder for them. (They're on the third page of icons.)

You mean the network settings? The only thing I show there is the media server start/stop.

DLNA shows up in my play list when I have it connected to my PC.

Media player that plays the TS files in windows is MPC-HC.1.6.2.4902.x64 or x32. It's an older version but it's free. I can't remember their website. Also, Media Player HomeCinema 1.5.3.3709 works.

Media player that plays the TS files in windows is MPC-HC.1.6.2.4902.x64 or x32. It's an older version but it's free. I can't remember their website. Also, Media Player HomeCinema 1.5.3.3709 works.

Correct, I will need to check my tablet for the player that I used for playing the 422 but it certainly worked.

Upcoming in the next firmware for Raptor and Anaconda

Release notes for UP900/UP9200 version 2.10.49?
--> RSS News function add.
--> Internet Radio+ Screen Saver support add. (activ after 5min.)
--> Weather Forecast function improved & extended :
--> New OSD Design for Weather Forecast
--> Refresh Data function add. (RECALL Button)
--> Weather Forecast: Country and City list add. (RED Button)
--> JPEG Viewer function improved
--> Hangup in Servicelist fix.
--> Page up & down bug by playlist fix.
--> Memory leak. problem fix.
--> Progress bar add. for User Data Format function
--> Menu - System Tools - Storage Manager :
--> Current Device : User .. pls. press OK for start format
--> PIP Service list sorting function add. (Red Button)
--> Diverse minor bugs fixed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)