Optibox Anaconda HD DVB-S2 Receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Latest firmware history
Updates for --> SW V21054

--> fixed “slow, freezing, and hang-up” matters
--> UTF-8 Unicode Support add.
--> RSS News function add.
--> Internet Radio+ Screen Saver support add. (activ after 5min.)
--> Weather Forecast function improved & extended :
--> New OSD Design for Weather Forecast
--> Refres--> SW V21052
--> Samba Version upgrade 3.0
--> Avaiable to Add Internet Radio+ URL by user : Added
--> Available to move Favorite Channel Group : Supported
--> 3G modem Driver data (BandRich BandLuxe C330 Series) : Updated
--> Display Genres in EPG : Supported
--> Nachrichten/Akuelles, Show/Spielshow, Sport, Kinder/Jugendprogramme
--> Kunst/Kultur, Soziales/Politik/Wirtschaft, Ausbildung/Wissenschaft/Fakten
--> Musik/Tanz/Balett, Freizeit/Hobby, Spielfilm/Drama, Originalsprache
--> Supporting Cyrilic in Internet TV & DLNA : Supported
--> TP list (Eutelsat 36A, 36B) : Updated
--> Google map Icon in shortcut : Added
--> WebZeal Hang on in specific website (.sk) : Solved
--> HDMI Compatibility problem with different TV set Solved
--> Philips LCD TV 32PFL5405H, other SAMSUNG models
--> New functions add for up / down (cursor) key :
--> Menü - Display Settings : Up / Down key
--> Service Change : one by one ch zap (All Services)
--> Programmliste : Quick Service list for 15 Ch. incl. EPG Info.
--> HD Service Change : one by one zap (HD Services)
--> SW V21049h Data function add. (RECALL Button)
--> Weather Forecast: Country and City list add. (RED Button)
--> DVB-C Cable Channel Search improved
--> JPEG Viewer function improved
--> Hangup in Servicelist fix.
--> Page up & down bug by playlist fix.
--> Astra 19,2E Transponderlist upgrade
--> Memory leak. problem fix.
--> Progress bar add. for User Data Format function
--> Menu - System Tools - Storage Manager :
--> Current Device : User .. pls. press OK for start format
--> New OSD Language add. : hebrew
--> PIP Service list sorting function add. (Red Button)
--> Diverse minor bugs fixed

I just noticed that these are the items fixed in build 54 and we just loaded build 52, so these would not be included.

Does anyone have the internet stream file from the amiko box? I would say the same streams will work, just need to compile them.
Searched other sites without success. On one site, they claim their firmware and lists update by downloading via the factory web server. Could be false advertising info too. Still working on U.S. channels. Seems most U.S. streams use unsupported codecs and less rtmp. For U.S. need to request factory incorporates more capabilities than rtmp.

I have ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC, CBC Canada also but... the box is kind of flakey in the internettv+ menu and will often freezeup and need a restart usually happens when switching between streams. I'm holding off doing anything more until my dealer provides the 2.10.52/54 firmware

As for the Amiko box there should be a data file on them somewhere that has the streams after downloading.

What is DVB-C ? Do you hook your cable tv to this too?

I suspect they use the same core firmware for the Raptor as the Anaconda and Gekko (although that doesn't explain the apparent lack of major blind scan bugs on the Raptor.) The Raptor has interchangeable tuners, and there's now a cable-only version of the Gekko. (But I doubt that American cable TV is DVB-C any more than American OTA TV is DVB-T. They're both packetized as DVB, but the modulation is different -- or at least it certainly is for OTA.)

What is DVB-C ? Do you hook your cable tv to this too?

DVB-C = Digital Video Broadcasting Cable

It is the standard adopted by the majority of the world.... Except North America and a few other holdouts.

Jim S is correct. DVB-C will not receive QAM cable signals that are used in North America.

It amazes me that the DVBS and S2 standards ever got popular in North America! Seemed for a while that the US was going to get stuck with another substandard standard for digital satellite transmissions! LOL! :eek:

It would seem that the US has lost some of it's clout to establish standards that other country's follow.
Our ATSC over the air thing never made sense when we already had popular MPEG versions that would have worked better and cheaper.

Version 2.10.57
Release Note
1. UTF-8 Supported (* Irderto / CX model is not suppoted)
2. CNN shortcut added
3. Hang up when formatting user data : Solved
4. Couldn't access root folder : Solved
5. Specific font missing in Free TV+ : Solved
6. Hang up when installing addon : Solved
7. Persian & Arabic font big and bold style
8. DVB-S Icon removed and Network Icon added.
9. Not saving of channel movement : Solved
10. 3G modem data : Added (Oman mobile / NAWRAS / FRiENDi)

This is laughable!

FIX BLIND SCAN THAT'S ALL THE USERS WANT!

Typical STB purchasers in Europe do not use blind scan as the transponder frequencies on the Austra / Hotbird satellites usually do not change. I imagine that there are minimal requests for Blind Scan in Europe.

Seems a shame all the effort they put on improvements to Internet connectivity. I can get Net flex and CNN on my Wii, Boxie, four Tivo's, three computers, and my toaster. Give me a good sat receiver please.
The Gekko I tested similar to the Anaconda had the same blind scan issues, I thought at first it was my system. But now I can see it was the weak software in it.

New firmware V2.10.78 is now available from Optibox on their website:

Optibox Anaconda HD

I don't yet know what added features, improvements and bug fixes this new version of firmware contains, but I'm currently using version 2.10.67 and I have been very happy. The NBC HD feeds of the Olympics on AMC1 have been looking awesome using this Optibox Anaconda receiver along with a SL2 Bullet LNBF and 120cm dish.

The blind scans on this receiver are still slow, but very accurate and I have not experienced any freezing during blind scans using later versions of firmware.

Due to the Anaconda's amazing picture quality, superior graphics, accurate and easy recording timers, timeshift features, powerful service list manager, being able to simultaneously record 3 channels at once while watching another, PIP, internet radio, YouTube, local weather and much more this receiver is currently my primary FTA receiver replacing the Openbox S9.

being able to simultaneously record 3 channels at once while watching another
if the receiver only has one sat input how can it record 3 things at once (even on same transponder)?

I know the Micro can watch two and record 1 but I guess since that Optibox is not a "US" box per se I guess it can do stuff that is more desinged for Europe

if the receiver only has one sat input how can it record 3 things at once (even on same transponder)?

Yes, the Anaconda records 3 different channels on the same MUX at the same time. You can even view 2 additional channels at the same time of the 3 recordings if you use PIP.

One feature I like about the Anaconda compared to the Openbox S9 is that during recordings no annoying icon image appears at the top of the screen during the recording.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)