Options (Moved)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sundrop

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 27, 2010
Missouri
I recently moved to a new location, the "owner" of the property; not the landlord says he does not want satelite dishes. I know, i can obviously become a pain in the butt and have one installed using the law. However, we just moved here and i do not really want to start a fight with us being in a one year contract with our lease.

Directv wants $380 for termination. (All at once) They told me they do not offer payment plans. If I could not pay it all when i got the bill, it would go to collections. Well, first they told me they would bill my credit card...

Does anyone have any other solutions? I am going to discuss this with my parents as there dish contract is up.

Oh and BTW Directv charged me $50 to move cause apparently the free move only applies after you been a member for a year. Yeah, woohoo!

Is the owner against any dishes, or only ones installed on the building/roof? Perhaps he would go along with a pole mount. He may not be aware of that option. Maybe a non penetrating mount would be acceptable.

Along with Chips ideas, talk with the owner and politely let them know that you have had the service at the other location and that you cannot afford to pay the ETF, about $ 400 to get out of it.

Maybe he'll ok with other options, I would look for a location close to your place that a pole mount could be set up, are you on the ground floor ?
Do you have a balcony if not ?

Many options are available if your OK'd to have it, is it a case of not wanting to be seen ?

All I can say if you don't want to use the law is that the 'owner' most likely won't give a rat's ass that you can't afford the ETF. They want their property their way and won't bend without force. Best solution would be to have your parents assume your contract if they are ok with switching. If you absolutely have to cancel, call the credit card company or bank and report your card LOST before you call DirecTV. That way they can't destroy your finances by autocharging the ETF. It will have to go through paper billing. Once it's there, there's many ways to keep it off your credit reports. You may even get lucky and it'll get sent to an abusive collection agency and you could MAKE money off it... :D

He cannot stop you from using pole or tripod mount using a slim line or "flat cable"as long as you have your own private space, llike patio.

He cannot stop you from using pole or tripod mount using a slim line or "flat cable"as long as you have your own private space, llike patio.

However he CAN make life difficult for him during his stay because of it.

I would like I mentioned above, see if you can work something out with them.

Ended up having parents take over service. I think the fact i told them i would pay for sunday ticket won the deal :)

I take it you've never rented before... It's exceedingly rare to get a landlord that gives a s**t about you, your problems, and/or will give you the time of day. Your sole purpose to them is to take up their space and pay them rent. They don't want to know you. If they have a rule in their head, they won't bend it for you no matter what the reason becauseif they bend it for you, they have to bend it for everyone. Every place I ever rented was like this except one... That one wasn't an apartment building/complex, it was a basement apartment in a house and the landlady was very sweet.

I take it you've never rented before... It's exceedingly rare to get a landlord that gives a s**t about you, your problems, and/or will give you the time of day. Your sole purpose to them is to take up their space and pay them rent. They don't want to know you. If they have a rule in their head, they won't bend it for you no matter what the reason becauseif they bend it for you, they have to bend it for everyone. Every place I ever rented was like this except one... That one wasn't an apartment building/complex, it was a basement apartment in a house and the landlady was very sweet.

Sounds like your picking the wrong places ....
Yes I have rented before, for about 5 years or so, then I bought a house and started saving money instead of giving it away to a landlord.
Now I have no problem with anyone that is renting, just realized that I could own my own place for about the same amount of money I was spending on rent ...

fwiw, I get to plenty of apt's with my work, daily and find DISH and D* set ups at most places.

I think it depends on if it is a house or duplex that is being rented?

We just moved from a house we rented, and they had no problem with the install
(the reason we broke lease was worse) The house was more less comdemed. They refused to fix anything and when we started having a severe sewer leak...we just packed our bags and moved.

We moved back to an duplex when had rented before. Other than the satelite dish, they are excellent company. the buildings, the property everything is well take care of. If you have a problem, its fixed almost immediatly.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)