orasat 5.0

Status
Please reply by conversation.

daddy

Original poster
Feb 5, 2006
which of these two fta receivers is the best overall the pansat 3500sd or the orasat 5.0.

never worked with the orasat before but I do like either the Pansat 3500 or Coolsat 5000

Both of them are nice units. Check out the reviews in the review section

Iceberg,
Will you be reviewing the Orasat anytime in the near future? I really appreciate how you go in depth with your reviews. You are about the only person that I have found that does a full review. testing all the capabilities of a product, then submitting the outcome. I liked the CW600 with a good review, but am looking for component and Dolby output, like the CS5000. Then I saw that I can get the Orasat for 27.00 cheaper at my door. With five kids and a mortgage a buck is a buck.
Thanks,
Dave

I really dont know right now.

When I do a review I figure “lets see if we can blow it up the first day we have it” : )

Honestly, I just love reviewing receivers (and unlike some other reviews I’ve seen, I don’t sugar coat stuff) :D

I checked a couple spots and the Orasat & Coolsat are selling for the same price

Last edited:
Prices, LOL, The place I had in mind had the Orasat for 138.00 + 5.00 S&H up until yesterday. Now they are 149.00 + 5.00 S&H. Go figure, that is the way my luck goes.

I have had an Orasat for a few weeks and used it for a while. compared to the other receiver that I have which is a CW600, it does not have the blind scan feature (not that the one on CW is a real blind scan) and it does not support the auto DISEqC feature that the CW has (this one works fine) which means that you have to input the port on the switch and the type of the LNB connected to it manually. on the other hand, it has a better picture quality than the CW and it is obvious that the video chipset is much better. it also has component video outputs which will offer superior picture quality. in regards to user frienliness, both the Orasat and the CW and a few others that I have seen at my friends house suck as their manuals leave a lot to be said and a lot of times you have to guess what the author meant, but nothing that can not be figured. I have good experience with the unit and do not have any direct objections. it works fine for me, although I do not consider myself as a "pro satellite" person.

global

most FTA manuals suck....My 6000 had a nice manula but the translation was spooky (especially on how to hook the hard drive up to your computer)

ice,
I guess I am still getting used to this space;) After having spent ovre 20 years playing with differnt hi-tech (from communications eq. to supercomputers and airplanes), I am amazed to find that these receivers are made with very little or no user studies. the way these things are thrown together, they yell that they are the result of a qubicle design which went to C-coding. a complete engineering view without any consideration that the poor user needs to understand the thinking of the designer, in order to be able to use the product successfully and PAINLESSLY ;) (please note the emphasis on "PAIN" ;) ). At any rate, this is my new hobby and I am learning it but again "I AM AMAZED and in PAIN"! :eek:

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.